VIN number not found

PositiveTom

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi Guys,

I've got a 69-plate ZS EV Exclusive. I purchased it second hand from an official MG dealership in Redditch, England.

I saw a post on a FB group about downloading the latest map updates from User manuals by tapping in your VIN number.

So, I went out and took a photo my VIN number on the windshield of my car - and in the drivers doorbell. But when I pop it into the MG website I just get "no results found".

Anyone else had this issue? I've tried a third-party VIN checker website and my car details pop right up.

Usually use the Safari browser, but have tried Chrome and Firefox too.

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 16.56.36.png

Hi Guys,

I've got a 69-plate ZS EV Exclusive. I purchased it second hand from an official MG dealership in Redditch, England.

I saw a post on a FB group about downloading the latest map updates from User manuals by tapping in your VIN number.

So, I went out and took a photo my VIN number on the windshield of my car - and in the drivers doorbell. But when I pop it into the MG website I just get "no results found".

Anyone else had this issue? I've tried a third-party VIN checker website and my car details pop right up.

Usually use the Safari browser, but have tried Chrome and Firefox too.

I'm not experienced in dodgy matters with cars but should you share your VIN number online? could someone misuse it ?

I'm not experienced in dodgy matters with cars but should you share your VIN number online?
I've seen other people on other VIN threads posting it.

It can't be used for much, it just indicates where the car was made, by who, for what company and a couple of random numbers as an identifier.

Thanks for the concern tho :)

* MG provides 5 years of free map data update. The 5-year period start date is the same as the vehicle’s warranty start date

I'll see if I can find the link for the website where I downloaded mine ...

I downloaded mine from here, german MG, but it's only 5 year free updates (google translates to english)

I'm not experienced in dodgy matters with cars but should you share your VIN number online? could someone misuse it ?
Everyone's VIN is displayed on the car for everyone else to see, so I don't know what the problem would be. I find it annoying that the iSmart app blocks out the VIN to you after you've logged in with a username/password, but everyone walking down the street can read it off the car!

Here in Germany the vin number is not on display to the general public. It is on the inside of the hatchback and on the registration document.

Here in Germany the vin number is not on display to the general public. It is on the inside of the hatchback and on the registration document.
It is a country specific requirement to display it. I know UK and USA vehicles have to, but I don't think most European countries do.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom