Vin Numbers for Faulty BMS update identification

Yes it has the comfort pack installed, but that is separate from the BMS generation 2 update. Everything points according to all of the fantastic information on this forum to it being installed currently with the last good BMS

yes that is it exactly, 100%. Virtually no regen until some life taken out. Yes I have the comfort pack installed which is such a godsend, meaning you are not stuck and keep stopping the charge when doing things like hoovering etc.. 457 volts last night after balance and no regen this morning with warning, In view of the fact that this second generation patch has been issued for better battery life I think it is worthwhile getting it installed but do you think I should have to pay for that? Once again thanks for your help.
It was originally said that the update to the latest BMS would be done for all cars that didn't have it at their next service. This appears to be dependent on the competence of the dealer. Make sure you ask for all updates to be carried out.

Agreed, thanks the figures do not look bad, however as the BMS update is to improve battery life and regen I think I must get it installed. Everything points to the old pack being on the car.
Just as a note, when I got the latest BMS update my max range dropped from 147 miles to around 134miles ( heater/ air con on in Eco mode) a bit concerning at the time. Over the next few weeks it improved back to the previous readings. The improvements set out by Gomev in post #19 are worthwhile. I did not pay for Comfort 2, EVCC (charging with doors unlocked) or BMS updates.

Just as a note, when I got the latest BMS update my max range dropped from 147 miles to around 134miles ( heater/ air con on in Eco mode) a bit concerning at the time. Over the next few weeks it improved back to the previous readings. The improvements set out by Gomev in post #19 are worthwhile. I did not pay for Comfort 2, EVCC (charging with doors unlocked) or BMS updates.
Thanks, What you have reported confirms everything that’s in the owners club Report on this issue dated 31st October from their information. Thank you again

Further, talking to my supplying dealer yesterday who are 200 miles from me, they stated that my car had not had the update because it was not on a list to be updated. Therefore it was not done. This was in spite of the fact that I asked for it to be done.

Further, talking to my supplying dealer yesterday who are 200 miles from me, they stated that my car had not had the update because it was not on a list to be updated. Therefore it was not done. This was in spite of the fact that I asked for it to be done.
That confirms you were not on the dodgy/bad BMS. Only cars that had it were on the list to do it ASAP, the rest at service time.

That confirms you were not on the dodgy/bad BMS. Only cars that had it were on the list to do it ASAP, the rest at service time.
I'm on the old 456V BMS and my dealer didn't update it at the service in July. Not that I'm fussed, I'm quite happy with what I have, the only advantage for me would be not having to go 3-5miles from full to get full regen.

@Delboy102000 .......... ;)

script GIF

Not at all surprised it wasn’t updated. Most dealers will only do it if it was on the faulty BMS, and then you’re lucky lol.
If you can get the dealer to do it as part of the service then fantastic, but a lot it would seem will charge for doing it.

I would recommend for anyone who cares about this sort of thing, get a £10 obd2 dongle and check out your ECU versions, then you know for certain.

My ZS EV is on the 456v origina and I have my first service next week. According to the dealer any software updates required will be done. Let's see!

That is very odd that your GOM did that - with trips reset obviously.
I can’t think of any logical reason why it would happen 🤷‍♂️

My ZS EV is on the 456v origina and I have my first service next week. According to the dealer any software updates required will be done. Let's see!
“Required” very much be the important word there....

“Required” very much be the important word there....
You're right. It's a small dealership and I could only speak to a salesperson when booking the service. So no tech input yet.

The BMS is not a 'luxury' update, it is for the wellbeing of the battery and IMO should be done and not charged for. But what the hell does my opinion matter to the dealer spending time to do it?.

How to balance, and how do you know when it is finally balanced. You say over four hours...? I have never done this. 3000 miles now.

Anyone had their ZS refuse to move. My wife reversed out into the road this morning but the car wouldn't move forwards. She switched off a couple of times and tried again. I got in and selected D and off the went - the car I mean, not the wife. It happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Tried again and it moved. Is it the parking brake not releasing for some reason? We don't use the Auto brake switch next to the parking brake, with the A on it.

How to balance, and how do you know when it is finally balanced. You say over four hours...? I have never done this. 3000 miles now.

Anyone had their ZS refuse to move. My wife reversed out into the road this morning but the car wouldn't move forwards. She switched off a couple of times and tried again. I got in and selected D and off the went - the car I mean, not the wife. It happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Tried again and it moved. Is it the parking brake not releasing for some reason? We don't use the Auto brake switch next to the parking brake, with the A on it.
Balancing is done when the car reaches 100% on a fast/granny charger.
If you look at the charging flap with the MG badge on, whilst the car is charging you will see that there are little dots all over that are slowly pulsing off/on. Whilst balancing these are on permanently. When balance completed the lights are off.
NB they can be difficult to see in bright sunlight.

Re refusing to move. Just make sure you do things in the right order and don't rush. Foot on brake to change R to D etc..

Balancing is done when the car reaches 100% on a fast/granny charger.
If you look at the charging flap with the MG badge on, whilst the car is charging you will see that there are little dots all over that are slowly pulsing off/on. Whilst balancing these are on permanently. When balance completed the lights are off.
NB they can be difficult to see in bright sunlight.
Ah, that simple, so for the 4 hours it's not necessarily drawing any current - just organising itself - balancing.

Ah, that simple, so for the 4 hours it's not necessarily drawing any current - just organising itself - balancing.
It will draw current but not much compared to charging, c 300W The less unbalanced it is the less time balancing and vice versa.

I noticed last night that with an Octopus Flexible tariff it wasn't going to charge with the default 21p/kWh. Same on all three Octopus Flexible options.
The Ohme app informed me it would take 24 hours to add 70%.
I upped the min charge fee to 30p and it worked fine, charged from 9pm to 8am.
I'm very confused with the multiple tariff options for Octopus on the app. I don't know why there are so may options - Agile, 3x Flexible and 2x Intelligent. I've asked Octopus a couple of times - am I on Go yet?
Takes them a long time to come up with a response usually.
I am still waiting for them to sort out the Smart meter thing - their engineer couldn't get a connection to a reliable GPS signal - so we still have what he called Dumb meters, electricity and gas. Yet I am congratulated by Octopus that we now have Smart metering,. Yeah!
You can't have Octopus Go without a Smart meter connection it seems.

It will draw current but not much compared to charging, c 300W The less unbalanced it is the less time balancing and vice versa.
Ah, OK. I will try Friday night, a 100% and then check whether and for how long the illumination is on without pulsing. Thank you,

When the car is on charge from a wall box, it will pull around 7.0 kw’s up to the point when it hits around 97 - 98%.
Then it will throttle back the demanded from the wall box to around 3.5 kw’s.
When the car reaches 100% full charged, the demand will drop right down to around 600 Watts ( while balancing ) close to the point of finishing, the demand will reduce to around 175 Watts.
Then when finished, it will automatically turn off the wall box.
All this can be witnessed IF and when you have a home energy meter.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom