Voice on computer saying wrong date

monzy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
When I get in my car the voice thing says a date always 1 January 2019. Dealership have put this right a couple of times, only for it to revert to 1 January 2019 after a couple of days, does anyone else have this annoying issue and how to put it right?

I get this some mornings when I get in the car at home. I assumed it was to do with my mobile network connection. I'm sure someone on here will tell me how wrong I am about that.🤭
Elsewhere, it's been OK thus far.

1 I have taken delivery of my new M4 and the date on the weather forecast is still 1 January 2019.
ANY UPDATES on this problem???? VOICE BROADCAST.

2 Had an update about a week ago and now the SPEED SIGN RECOGNITION turns off each time a shut down the car????

3 Is it possible to stop the Air Con drop down screen from coming down on every start up????

Mine does it half the time and gets it correct half the time.
It doesn't bother me as I can see the correct date on the weather tile on the screen.

I have a ZS LRTC and it still keeps getting the date wrong about every 4th time I start the car. It's the date. It should not need mobile connectivity for that. Gets my location correct though. Driving me crazy. Had it serviced and it was OK for about a week.

Just change the greeting to whatever you want. First just select the weather option & the gear icon there and turn voice off. The problem is the car has not fully established internet connection before the greeting is made so it reverts to the default date in the system before any link is made.

If you want a custom voice greeting, just go to settings, select voice and you can type in any greeting you want.

The woman with the nice English accent will say it once the car is in ready state and all the other software functions have loaded. I wanted her to say "G'day have a nice day" but she doesn't understand Aussie slang & said "Gee day have a nice day" so I changed G'day to Hello.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back