Wallbox now compatible with Octopus Intelligent

DoIKnowYou

Standard Member
Reaction score
Finally, looks like my Wallbox Pulsar Plus is now compatible with Octopus Intelligent. Also looks like the rest of Wallbox products may also be compatible with OI.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230912_014935_energy.octopus.octopusenergy.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20230912_014935_energy.octopus.octopusenergy.android.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20230912_014636_energy.octopus.octopusenergy.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20230912_014636_energy.octopus.octopusenergy.android.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 169
Ah, this is potentially exciting - we have the same charger. Thanks for the heads up. Would be interested to hear if your test charge works successfully please

Ah, this is potentially exciting - we have the same charger. Thanks for the heads up. Would be interested to hear if your test charge works successfully please

Test charge all done & successfully completed.

Smart scheduling active.

Happy days!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230913_212854_energy.octopus.octopusenergy.android.jpg
    Screenshot_20230913_212854_energy.octopus.octopusenergy.android.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 138
I am having terrible issues with this. My Wallbox has lost connection, and whatever I try to do, it continues to fail. Everything was working perfectly well before attempting to go onto IO, and communication with Octopus is woeful. They just asked me to confirm what iOS I was on (the latest version).
I have tried everything suggested on the Wallbox help pages also. What a mess!
I will have yet another go tomorrow……..

I am having terrible issues with this. My Wallbox has lost connection, and whatever I try to do, it continues to fail. Everything was working perfectly well before attempting to go onto IO, and communication with Octopus is woeful. They just asked me to confirm what iOS I was on (the latest version).
I have tried everything suggested on the Wallbox help pages also. What a mess!
I will have yet another go tomorrow……..
I take it you have switched it off at the mains and turned it on again?

I have, yes. Just spent another pointless half hour in the garage trying to get my Wallbox and Octopus to talk to each other. I have cancelled my weekend plans, as I don’t know when I will be able to get the car charged again, although I could easily go to a public charger, if absolutely necessary.

Hi Susanna, have you fixed the problem? I have a wallbox as well. It will be great if we can switch to intelligent, but the probelm makes me worry. Hope you sort it out.

Not yet - I have been waiting for assistance from Octopus since Saturday. It’s very disappointing and frustrating that they haven’t responded. My Wallbox light is ‘amber’ but I did manage to charge the car anyway. However, I am being careful with mileage in case I can’t charge it again until everything is sorted.

These are the messages that have come up on the Octopus app

IMG_4250.png

Attachments

• IMG_4246.png
    IMG_4246.png
    461 KB · Views: 121
Thank you for the update. Glad to hear that you can charge your car now. I guess the wallbox is new to Octpus, so they still need to sort out some compatible issues. Hopefully, Octpus can solve your problem ASAP.

I've been on Intelligent since mid July, only time I've had a problem is when I didn't have a wifi connection to the wallbox so the charge failed.

I have been on Octopus Intelligent for the past few months and it has worked quite well for me. But my daughter, who has a First Gen ZS EV is currently on GO and wants to switch to Intelligent when her contract ends later this month. She has an OHME charger. Has anyone experience of using the OHME charger, which is compatible with Intelligent, with a ZS EV since the ZS can't report SOC?

I have been on Octopus Intelligent for the past few months and it has worked quite well for me. But my daughter, who has a First Gen ZS EV is currently on GO and wants to switch to Intelligent when her contract ends later this month. She has an OHME charger. Has anyone experience of using the OHME charger, which is compatible with Intelligent, with a ZS EV since the ZS can't report SOC?
It's the same for MG4, it works fine. If you search the forum you will find a couple of recent threads with useful information in them.

Not yet - I have been waiting for assistance from Octopus since Saturday. It’s very disappointing and frustrating that they haven’t responded. My Wallbox light is ‘amber’ but I did manage to charge the car anyway. However, I am being careful with mileage in case I can’t charge it again until everything is sorted.

These are the messages that have come up on the Octopus app

View attachment 20230
Are you contacting them by phone or email ?
I've found since they started taking on the customers of failed suppliers a year or more ago that emails take forever to be replied to, but phone contact is still superb.

@Gomev I have only used email so far. The last response was to tell me I hadn’t entered the information correctly, or at all, when I had used copy and paste from the Octopus app to the Wallbox app. So I sent them a screenshot from my Wallbox app to prove that I had.
I may not be super techy, but I am also not stupid. I couldn’t possibly have done it wrong every single time over the 10 days or so that I have been attempting to change from Go to IO.
Unfortunately, I am unable to get my Wallbox back to how it was, but with a bit of faffing, I can at least charge the car.

@Gomev I have only used email so far. The last response was to tell me I hadn’t entered the information correctly, or at all, when I had used copy and paste from the Octopus app to the Wallbox app. So I sent them a screenshot from my Wallbox app to prove that I had.
I may not be super techy, but I am also not stupid. I couldn’t possibly have done it wrong every single time over the 10 days or so that I have been attempting to change from Go to IO.
Unfortunately, I am unable to get my Wallbox back to how it was, but with a bit of faffing, I can at least charge the car.
I would still ring them. Even if the CS advisor you first speak to can't help directly then in the past when I have dealt with them they get someone who can help to ring back, or in one case gave me their number to contact them directly.
Maybe worth a try.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom