Western Australian MG4 2023 2024

Converted

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Western Australian MG4 owners and enthusiasts one and all.
I had the opportunity earlier this week to find that the ship has come in for the next delivery.
one week to go and looking forward to it!
Very keen to hear everyone’s WA findings feelings and points For all to share.

first week when driving on Tonkin Hwy, the default cruise control and lane keep assist settings from the factory (for me it was traffic jam assist and lane keep assist on) steered dangerously on some merges around Leech hwy exit or entrance I think the lane markings confused the computer.

Anyway, turning off Traffic Jam assist seems to have stuck and resolved the issue.

TJA isn't a sticky setting - you can choose between Off, ACC and TJA. (I leave mine set at ACC - I don't like TJA, it's not mature enough as it once tried to steer me into an HGV as I was overtaking it in lane 2 on a motorway - and then just engage ACC when required).

agreed, yes that setting has saved first time I changed it thankfully.

To be frank, the computer probably picked up the dashed line on an exit and I might not have been indicating.

I’m hopefully getting mine the end of the month, but Wangara MG are wanting to charge me for delivery even though I’ll be collecting from them. Has everyone else been charged this?

Yes. I didn't spot it until I'd already got the car home. This was in Scotland.
The delivery charge is from MG to the dealer not from your dealer to you.
I got charged for delivery, first registration fee and number plates but the total came to the advertised price of the car. This is standard practice in the UK.

It was in the back of my mind that that was the case, which is why I didn't go mad about it. (The dealer had the car in stock, and this is the first time that ever happened to me, all my previous cars were ordered to specification, so I wasn't sure.)

I was too damn happy to get the car I didn't read the paperwork in detail till I got home!

Hey Kevinbassgolf,
Your deal may be different to mine (novated). But no matter what I'm sure your dealer will treat you with the same experience I had.....
Picked mine up today. Could not have gone better regarding delivery costs etc, already in the deal for rego and on roads. Nothing extra. Perfect experience. Wife's gift with the ribbon on the bonnet, all updates and pre delivery and all. Thanks Midland MG, Ameer and Daniel! Left the dealership with 43% charge for a 110km trip home and 194km remaining after sitting with the boys in their yard absorbing air con etc and Daniel taking his time taking me thru everything needed with 29 degree outside temp. Magic trip home with me giving the car a good sensible run in at all speed limits (with a few throttle hits along the way). 12% and 53km remaining at 7pm.
On the supplied 10 amp "granny charger" set to 80% auto stop overnight (car says 80% by 3pm tomorrow) .....and over to my wife...... but after that drive, the charge can wait, we are back into the car in the morning.
So pleased with every experience from research months ago, to order, to delivery, and along the way, just 2 days before delivery the Essence 64 gets COTY!!! Dont care about any critisism, my experience from research to delivery and drive home has been nothing short of SPOT ON and as expected.
Tap into State/Governement incentives. No brainer. Could not be happier.
What really made my experience all the better was the final delivery from my dealer. Everyone should expect the same.

I’m hopefully getting mine the end of the month, but Wangara MG are wanting to charge me for delivery even though I’ll be collecting from them. Has everyone else been charged this?
Not myself but it will depend on your personal deal with them.
I took delivery today of mine and had a really good experience. Keep in contact with your dealer for delivery and let them know your expectations. I did and I cannot share any negatives. Know what you are buying and know what you expect in your deliver, communicate this beforehand and I hope you will experience just what I did myself today.

Hey Kevinbassgolf,
Your deal may be different to mine (novated). But no matter what I'm sure your dealer will treat you with the same experience I had.....
Picked mine up today. Could not have gone better regarding delivery costs etc, already in the deal for rego and on roads. Nothing extra. Perfect experience. Wife's gift with the ribbon on the bonnet, all updates and pre delivery and all. Thanks Midland MG, Ameer and Daniel! Left the dealership with 43% charge for a 110km trip home and 194km remaining after sitting with the boys in their yard absorbing air con etc and Daniel taking his time taking me thru everything needed with 29 degree outside temp. Magic trip home with me giving the car a good sensible run in at all speed limits (with a few throttle hits along the way). 12% and 53km remaining at 7pm.
On the supplied 10 amp "granny charger" set to 80% auto stop overnight (car says 80% by 3pm tomorrow) .....and over to my wife...... but after that drive, the charge can wait, we are back into the car in the morning.
So pleased with every experience from research months ago, to order, to delivery, and along the way, just 2 days before delivery the Essence 64 gets COTY!!! Dont care about any critisism, my experience from research to delivery and drive home has been nothing short of SPOT ON and as expected.
What really made my experience all the better was the final delivery from my dealer. Everyone should expect the same.

If you have the SR battery then the app shouldn't let you set the charge to stop at 80% - the LFP battery should be allowed to go to 100% and balance.

Thanks Rolf,
we are all on such a great learining curve.
What is an SR battery?
So many abbreviations!
I was hoping this Western Australian thread would open support for people like myself who have just transitioned from the likes of your knowledge and experiences. SR, LFP, NiCad, etc etc. Please keep your knowledge and experience flowing mate!
In Australia the basic MG4 has the battery which can handle simple charges. Cannot remember the ABC descritpion but what I just took delivery of is the Nicad Essence 64 version in Aus. I belive different to our base version available just released. Just trying to keep things simple for the time being and have no knowledge of the battery details other than hearing that our 51kw base model is delivered with a more robust battery (of whatever tech description) than the 64kw Essence I just took delivery of.

SR = Standard Range = Excite 51 in Oz.

Thanks Rolf,
we are all on such a great learining curve.
What is an SR battery?
So many abbreviations!
I was hoping this Western Australian thread would open support for people like myself who have just transitioned from the likes of your knowledge and experiences. SR, LFP, NiCad, etc etc. Please keep your knowledge and experience flowing mate!
In Australia the basic MG4 has the battery which can handle simple charges. Cannot remember the ABC descritpion but what I just took delivery of is the Nicad Essence 64 version in Aus. I belive different to our base version available just released. Just trying to keep things simple for the time being and have no knowledge of the battery details other than hearing that our 51kw base model is delivered with a more robust battery (of whatever tech description) than the 64kw Essence I just took delivery of.

What your profile says you have. If you don't, you should probably change it. There's a chart somewhere explaining how this relates to the names MG gives the cars in various countries.

ETA if you have the 51 kWh battery that's not so finicky as the longer-range car, then you have the SR. Standard range. LFP battery. Great choice if you don't need to do long trips a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kevinbassgolf,
Thanks for that. Took delivery this week and had 31% upon collection. Drives and rides beautifully and topped up the battery at Karrinyup whilst shopping. Trying the granny charger today on cheap electricity and just need to sort type 2 cable for charging locations with BYO cable.
Dealer took me through all the functions and just working things out.
Just can’t seem to get any Nav info on the drivers display, either cars own or Apple CarPlay 🤷🏻‍♂️

You won't - depending on which car you have. (Your profile says Not an MG). Assuming you have a model with inbuilt satnav then you should be able to see nav instructions from the inbuilt satnav on the right side of the driver display, provided that you toggle that display to the satnav section. (Press the middle-right steering wheel button so that the icon above the right side illuminates, then toggle left/right as needed until the satnav section appears. Press the middle-right button again to return the joystick to controlling audio).

AA/CP will never appear in the driver display, only on the Infotainment display.

You won't - depending on which car you have. (Your profile says Not an MG). Assuming you have a model with inbuilt satnav then you should be able to see nav instructions from the inbuilt satnav on the right side of the driver display, provided that you toggle that display to the satnav section. (Press the middle-right steering wheel button so that the icon above the right side illuminates, then toggle left/right as needed until the satnav section appears. Press the middle-right button again to return the joystick to controlling audio).

AA/CP will never appear in the driver display, only on the Infotainment display.
Thanks for this. Have updated my profile to my car and have got the mg satnav info working now. It has an annoying notification every time I change suburb, so wish it could provide the AA/CP info there as well

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 519 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back