• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

What car did you replace with your MG?

Replaced a 14-year-old Mazda 6 Sport, which I loved. Replaced it with an MG ZS EV Exclusive (the only model available here). I slightly miss the low, smooth ride the sport suspension offered in the Mazda. The ZS can be slightly bouncy, although it handles well.

But, overall, the MG is an upgrade. I love the performance of the EV. It's more responsive than any ICE vehicle I've ever owned or driven. The tech is an upgrade for me, at least when using Android Auto, and the interior feels more expensive than the price tag. It's quiet and fun to drive. I like charging at home - I haven't been to a service station in months. I'd like a little more range, but for my driving needs it really enough.

I like the simplicity of driving an EV. Turn it on, drive, turn it off. Plug the charger in now and then.

Same here.....just to add insult to injury, my X1 developed an intermittent fault, just as I had it for sale.......I ended having to spend £1,300 to have a new computer fitted!

I love my MG but would like a little bit more range.

Fiat Doblo Multijet Family 2005 (7 seater, diesel). Had it for nearly 14 years and hardly anything went wrong with it and only once failed to start because I had not changed the battery when I needed to. Would give great MPG even with 4 adults and 3 kids on a holiday in Devon. We didn't use all seven seats too often, but the boot space was massive when needed.

Replaced with MG 5 EV Excite for various reasons including local pollution (we live in South East London and one of my children has bad Asthma) and being better overall for the environment. The five is MUCH more relaxing to drive and definitely more comfortable, especially for the passengers with more cabin room (the Doblo had 8 way adjustable drivers seat with lumber control as well). Also how quiet the five is especially compared to the Doblo on the motorway.

The only negative I have noticed with the five so far is quality of carpets and possibly seat material. The Doblo had very hard wearing materials, but then not so comfortable on the seats. And possibly range; I always enjoyed the idea of being able to do nearly 1000miles on one tank of fuel, but of course I never did and I managed 440ish miles in 2 days in the five with only a little bit of charging hassle and a lot less cost. I am sure I will never go back to an ICE again .

A 2004 rusty dying Land Rover Discovery 3 2.7 TD V6!
Now the MG5 monthly payment plus running costs is only £80 more a month to run than the discovery!! But now I get to drive a brand new car!! No brainier really

Now driving my #TeamRed Zs I was no stranger to EV's when I took ownership seven months ago.
I drove a 24 Leaf before that and learn EV life in the 5 years I owned it.
I didn't mind the shorter range for the most part but when I did do those rare long trips it could be challenging at times.
Only done one long run in the Zs and noticed the fact I only needed to rapid the once rather than 3 times!

Owned many MANY Volkswagens before the leaf. Many different models over the years.
I used to be in the trade (And it permanently buggered up my back) and grew up around and learned the trade under the bonnets Volkswagens.
The Id 3 and 4 were to deep for my pockets. Not test driven them so don't know if they are still have that VW quality of drive or not?

I know I will never go back to dinosaur juice!

My MG5 replaced my 2014 VW Passat.

It had better headlights, prettier alloys and fancyy pearlescent paint (which cost a fortune to fix when someone scratch my car).

Other than that the MG5 is quieter, quicker and much more pleasant to drive. It also has an armrest with a cup holder in the back so my daughters happy.

My MG ZS EV replaced a 2013 Vauxhall Astra 2.0CDTI SRi(163bhp 0-60 in 6 secs). I do not miss the performance just the buckety seats and sporty steering.

My MG ZS EV replaced a 2013 Vauxhall Astra 2.0CDTI SRi(163bhp 0-60 in 6 secs). I do not miss the performance just the buckety seats and sporty steering.
Weren't they 8.5+ 0-60?

I've had a few astra's and let's just say whoever designed the speedo's must have been an optimist.

My MG5 replaced a 2017 Golf R-line (that's a 1.4 not the fire breathing Golf R).
VW wanted 17k for a swap to the equivalent Golf 8, MG wanted £8900 so I took the plunge.
No regrets, I'm lucky enough to own a Morgan for fun driving and It appears Golf 8's are riddled with software issues.

Weren't they 8.5+ 0-60?

I've had a few astra's and let's just say whoever designed the speedo's must have been an optimist.
Yes, you are right it must be 8.5. I never verified against the datasheet. It was quick and would throw you back in the seat 'as soon as turbo kicked in'.
ZS EV is capable of delivering same experience.
It is a shame the vauxhall diesels had loud clatter and so expensive to maintain.

Most people bought an MG to replace an ICE car. Some people replaced another EV.
What car did you replace with your MG, do you miss your old car and when you compare the two, how would you describe the experience of MG EV ownership?
Swapped my 4 year old hyundai i40 premium estate. I do miss the sunroof and the auto opening boot but enjoying the MG EV so far despite having a few charger issues earlier today.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom