Votes: 31 20.5%
  • Dynamic Red

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Volcanic Orange

Votes: 21 13.9%
  • Racing Green

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
In my personal opinion, the car doesn't appear as appealing in black unless it's meticulously maintained, clean, and shining. The black color doesn't highlight the car's usual impressive accents, making it look somewhat lackluster. Personally, I prefer colors like white, orange, red, and to a slightly lesser extent, grey. Of course, preferences in cars vary, so your mileage may vary. ;)
I have never fancied a black car. I regard it as a form of camouflage here in OZ where an oncoming vehicle in the distance can be harder to spot if it is black. Hi visibility colours are my preference.

Yeah but it named them all wrong!

Nah. It's still fun. We can go round again!

I was really taken by the blue and people are always admiring the colour. I was prepared to wait for an order to go through to get the colour, but it turned out the dealer had exactly the car I wanted waiting to be prepped for sale. (And he sold an identical car to @alix only two weeks previously as it happens.) He did try his best to talk me into a Trophy or an LR (or even to wait for the X-Power when I mentioned it in slightly wistful tones) but finally he gave in and sold me what I wanted.

This is Caliban on his first morning in his new home. Still turning heads seven months later.

View attachment 22147

The blue looks quite different in different lights - to the point where people speculated there was more than one blue. But there is only one.
It is called Brixton Blue Metallic here in Australia. Same colour, same look. It doesn’t look Metallic at all (odd)

Drawn to the MG4 by an orange trophy in the local showroom (hadn't heard of them or noticed them previously) and was going full on "one o'them, yeah!!" when I remembered just how old I am and didn't want to present as a cliche, so opted for the more sedate red. Also ended up with a brand new SE LR rather than used Trophy (can you see a pattern emerging here ? 😂) .
First new car I ever had was a red 205gti co. car (only 1.6) thirty-odd years ago. This will probably be the last new car I ever own, red-red. 👍
4 weeks in and STILL loving it, bulge 'n' all 😁

I have never fancied a black car. I regard it as a form of camouflage here in OZ where an oncoming vehicle in the distance can be harder to spot if it is black. Hi visibility colours are my preference.
I've reached that age where any colours are difficult to spot in the distance. 😎

The names of the colour choices are different in Australia. The range is different too. They are:
Dover White
Brixton Blue Metallic
Diamond Red Metallic
Black Pearl Metallic
Volcano Orange Metallic
Camden Grey Metallic
Sterling Silver Metallic

No Racing Green! But Silver.

The names of the colour choices are different in Australia. The range is different too. They are:
Dover White
Brixton Blue Metallic
Diamond Red Metallic
Black Pearl Metallic
Volcano Orange Metallic
Camden Grey Metallic
Sterling Silver Metallic

No Racing Green! But Silver.
hunter green is available in AUS just its a $1000 option

I've noticed big price drops on the x power over the last week or so ..

I think people are really not sold on the MG4 x power ..

MG need to fix this vibration hum whatever, they have really dragged their feet which is not good for sales.

Personally I think the BYD seal is a better looking car but for the same sort of grunt I'm looking at 15k and more ..

At the dealership where I bought mine they have had the ex demo which I bought eventually back when I first test drove the car in January and a brand new white and silver one ..

I would make a bet that both those cars have been sitting in stock waiting to sell since then maybe even longer ..

Yet almost every reviewer has given the X power 2 thumbs up..

If they want to compete they really need to jump on these issues owners are having and sort them fast..

The net is a powerful tool these days when it comes to buying anything. People google X power problems and get all the issues, makes people scared ..

You don't dump the price of a car like 3k plus off if the car is selling like hot cakes !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Orange, its so nice, the black roof and mirrors and such makes it a very luxurious colors, not cheap or gimmick at all.
i wasnt sold on the orange or the blue was thinking ( being a ex detailer ) would they still look great later on ..

Camden grey that i bought is not ideal from a detailers perspective either but it was cheaper and a ex demo car ..

At least with orange if any one runs into you they must be BLIND not to see the orange and its sticks out so easily seen which trust me does help alot ..

( i drive a bright yellow 2005 honda jazz as a work car and yeah it sticks out )

I like the orange more than the blue personally..

silver is the best colour ( ive seen a silver X power in the flesh and it looks really nice ) by far for resale and still looking good years later but just a bit boring ..

and white is kinda MEH

I would have like to see more Matt colours like the hunter green ..

could always get mine wrapped down the track like a red or purple matt :)

i wasnt sold on the orange or the blue was thinking ( being a ex detailer ) would they still look great later on ..

Camden grey that i bought is not ideal from a detailers perspective either but it was cheaper and a ex demo car ..

At least with orange if any one runs into you they must be BLIND not to see the orange and its sticks out so easily seen which trust me does help alot ..

( i drive a bright yellow 2005 honda jazz as a work car and yeah it sticks out )

I like the orange more than the blue personally..

silver is the best colour ( ive seen a silver X power in the flesh and it looks really nice ) by far for resale and still looking good years later but just a bit boring ..

and white is kinda MEH

I would have like to see more Matt colours like the hunter green ..

could always get mine wrapped down the track like a red or purple matt :)
I have the Camden Grey but I’d like to see some more Matt options

My brother in law has a BMW in Nardo Grey ( I believe that’s what it’s called ) absolutely gorgeous ( to my eye anyway )

Don’t know its name but BMW also do a darker Matt type grey, really nice 👍

For me anyway they could work on the MG4 especially X Power models.

Brixton Blue but I have to admit I like silver grey. However, about 10 years ago we lived in an apartment complex with a large underground car park. In the row belonging to our city apartment, there were 6 cars. Five of them were silver grey. So even though it’s a nice colour, we will probably never buy a silver grey car again. Our agreement is that I can pick the cars and the model we buy, but colour is a joint decision. The only colour we both really liked, was the blue.

I have the Camden Grey but I’d like to see some more Matt options

My brother in law has a BMW in Nardo Grey ( I believe that’s what it’s called ) absolutely gorgeous ( to my eye anyway )

Don’t know its name but BMW also do a darker Matt type grey, really nice 👍

For me anyway they could work on the MG4 especially X Power models.
a carbon fiber wrap would look crazy or a matt yellow with full black wheels and the car lowered would look really special slap the ssporty body kit on it and one hell of a awesome looking car !!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 496 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back