What do you think of mg5 insurance 32d?

andrewuk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
32d
'D' means the model doesn’t meet requirements so the group has been raised (eg a Group 7 car doesn’t meet the security standards, so is rated Group 8E)

1. What requirement does mg5 not meet?
2. Basically whay is your insurance price if you are happy to.share.

Our insurance cost for MG5 was around £166.00 Pa not sure if that is good or bad.

32d
'D' means the model doesn’t meet requirements so the group has been raised (eg a Group 7 car doesn’t meet the security standards, so is rated Group 8E)

1. What requirement does mg5 not meet?
2. Basically whay is your insurance price if you are happy to.share.
I don’t think the MG5 has a Euro NCAP rating, could it be related to this?

Our insurance is based on mileage which is low and time of day I drive to the office. And an EV working very well for my needs not sure what the second year cost will be but will do what I do every year and shop around for the best prices.

Our insurance is based on mileage which is low and time of day I drive to the office. And an EV working very well for my needs not sure what the second year cost will be but will do what I do every year and shop around for the best prices.
What is your insurance company name?

MG5 Excite. Insurance £290 per annum fully comp based on 9 years no claims and no convictions/points on licence.

Live just north of Newport in South Wales. If I lived in Newport itself I would expect to pay more. Insured through Halifax.

Our current insurance company is LV we also have the I Pace with them at a very good price for the first year. each If our EVs have they own policy and are not linked.

Just re done mine yesterday moved from Direct line was going to be £355.04! Admiral Multicar is £219.52, Age 64, 12+ NCD, 3 points, policy fully comp social domestic no commuting, inc courtesy car and optional legal pack. £250 excess. We tend to move insurance each year to get good compromise between cost and service. Admiral odd years, LV or Direct line even year's. Why do Direct line send you half a tree of paper when most store documents in the cloud?

want multi car and both of us to drive both cars. One in wife's name to maintain her NCD but she is under 60 so too young, did try

Mine's £175 for a 21 plate Excite with Quote Me Happy and I live in Lincoln. Considering I bought the car as a 1 day old pre registration (registered 29 July, Delivered 30th July with 10 miles) for £20k cash and I'm returning 4.5 miles per Kw (5 pence) on Octopus Go, this car is proving the best value motoring I've had in over 30 years of motoring.

Even the service plan is astonishingly cheap. I've bought a 5 year plan and 3 MOT's for years 3/4/5, and the total is £759 or £13.20 for 58 months.

£187 for SWMBO's 5 and £193 for my ZS fully comp with LV.
We're both retired, clean licences, don't drive during peak periods and full NCD.

Remember the long range version is 5 insurance groups lower due to the extra safety kit.

Well I had a 8 year old VW CC TDI before buying my 5 and one of the most surprising things about the purchase was my insurance company giving me a rebate on the insurance. It was only £20 after the £25 admin charge but still it was a nice surprise, I was fully expecting a couple of hundred quid extra....

MG5 Excite. Insurance £290 per annum fully comp based on 9 years no claims and no convictions/points on licence.

Live just north of Newport in South Wales. If I lived in Newport itself I would expect to pay more. Insured through Halifax.
Good to know, I live in Cardiff and test driving next week. I saw the insurance group and was concearned with how high it was.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom