What goes from 0-62 in 4 seconds

Well apparently its the new Mulan and starts at 25k, will be all over this when it's launched.
Or by another name, the MG4 :) and in my opinion will probably start at 30plus :(
Still like the look of it though.

You may already have seen this, but the 3.8 secs 0-62 mph is the AWD drive version 450bhp which doesn't come to the UK initially (in 9-12 months time), just the RWD 201bhp 7.7/7.9 0-60 mph. Miles Roberts at Chorley MG thinks with a price tag of 40-45k. Great video on Friday night. 2,000 units in UK initially then apparently 20,000 in 2023, if I remember that stat correctly 🙂

Last edited:
More information from Car Magazine...

MG targeting a "mid-30 thousands" price tag!

More information from Car Magazine...

MG targeting a "mid-30 thousands" price tag!
Interesting, Miles Roberts on the Podcast video at 1hr 00mins 55secs speculates £47k, although the sound does glitch right there, but that's what I hear 40 or 47? He'd be very surprised if less due to the spec & performance. Mid-30 thousands would be unbelievable...but time will tell.

Interesting, Miles Roberts on the Podcast video at 1hr 00mins 55secs speculates £47k, although the sound does glitch right there, but that's what I hear 40 or 47? He'd be very surprised if less due to the spec & performance. Mid-30 thousands would be unbelievable...but time will tell.
I thought he'd said £40k, but as a guess. Taking the existing cars, I'd guess the extended range would be about £34-35k - Trophy plus the SR to LR jump, assuming they don't also do an extended SE spec.

The sports version will need that battery, plus an extra motor, plus panoramic roof and then things like better seats, brakes, wheels etc. £40k therefore sounds reasonable, although they could potentially push higher based on competitors.

Think the biggest challenge to MG in all these sectors will be badge snobbery and then the other Chinese names (Ora, BYD etc). If you look at smartphones, Apple are on their own due to a different set up, so potentially a Tesla. The rest all then produce the same thing (like Android) and charge different prices. Samsung have got the recognised name, premium products (at the high end) and deals with the major networks to push their products, but you can buy phones just as good, often better in some areas for much less - OnePlus, Xiaomi, Huawei etc. Think the likes of Ford are risking becoming the next Blackberry or Nokia in all this, at least in Europe.

Two separate reviews have mentioned that the AWD model will have the 64kWh battery and not the 77kWh one.

I can only assume that it saves weight and improves performance.

As for price, if MG UK keep the £2500 jump between grades it'll put the extended range at around £33,500 and the AWD at £36,000....

I thought he'd said £40k, but as a guess. Taking the existing cars, I'd guess the extended range would be about £34-35k - Trophy plus the SR to LR jump, assuming they don't also do an extended SE spec.

The sports version will need that battery, plus an extra motor, plus panoramic roof and then things like better seats, brakes, wheels etc. £40k therefore sounds reasonable, although they could potentially push higher based on competitors.
My guess is that they'll put the "small" motor from the SE SR in the front of the sports one, while keeping the "large" motor in the rear.

Why would anyone want to go from 0 to 62 MPH in 4 seconds?

Dave

Because it’s bloody good fun, in a legal manner (no law against accelerating smartly).
I don’t trust MG to build a performance car and wouldn’t touch it with a 40’ pole, but that’s another story.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back