what to add on to a new car (cosmetic or practical)

I've moved to an MG4 SE from an Audi A5. Loving the car in general, although I have to say I've found the interior lighting to be a letdown. I'm comparing to Audi who are renowned for their interior lighting, but just wondered if anyone has retro fit anything?

At night, you get in and its literally pitch black. You cant see things like the USB ports, or the glove box door...there's no ambient lighting at all. In the rear there's no light at all....so trying to get a new passenger to find the seat belt socket is difficult.....as you can't even tell them to switch the light on.

Has anyone retro fit any interior lighting to improve things.....if so, whats going to be the best most elegant way to wire it up via USB, without cables being on-show?

I've moved to an MG4 SE from an Audi A5. Loving the car in general, although I have to say I've found the interior lighting to be a letdown. I'm comparing to Audi who are renowned for their interior lighting, but just wondered if anyone has retro fit anything?

At night, you get in and its literally pitch black. You cant see things like the USB ports, or the glove box door...there's no ambient lighting at all. In the rear there's no light at all....so trying to get a new passenger to find the seat belt socket is difficult.....as you can't even tell them to switch the light on.

Has anyone retro fit any interior lighting to improve things.....if so, whats going to be the best most elegant way to wire it up via USB, without cables being on-show?
Have a look at this thread

Just look back through this very thread ... people have posted links and experiences to what they've done re. lighting.
I did look through this thread before posting. There's only one suggestion for a stick-on rear light which looks quite cheap quality and doesn't really provide any ambient lighting...and nothing for the front.

I did look through this thread before posting. There's only one suggestion for a stick-on rear light which looks quite cheap quality and doesn't really provide any ambient lighting...and nothing for the front.
Apologies - I thought details were in this thread. I know they're in the other thread linked by @Ian Key (thanks) and I think there may some posts elsewhere regarding stick-on lights to fit on the rear C pillars to illuminate the rear seats.

Apologies - I thought details were in this thread. I know they're in the other thread linked by @Ian Key (thanks) and I think there may some posts elsewhere regarding stick-on lights to fit on the rear C pillars to illuminate the rear seats.
Thank you. Ive just orderded the footwell ones mentioned in the above thread....we'll see how much light they add once installed. Look pretty neat from the other user's photos, so hopeful!

FC38B16A-E063-4616-80BF-818CEFA3B239.png

I especially like the interior rear passenger light fitted in the third video in this playlist.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back