what to add on to a new car (cosmetic or practical)

The most striking improvement, you could make cosmetically, is better wheels. The ones as supplied are mediocre looking and too small.

It's an expensive choice as a new set of wheels and tyres doesn't come cheap. It will also reduce your range a little, but it is, without a doubt, the best cosmetic improvement you could make.

A nice set of stylish 18" wheels transformed my previous ZS EV :)
Have you seen this? It's in German but you can see the difference changing to 19" wheels. I think it looks so much better.

Have you seen this? It's in German but you can see the difference changing to 19" wheels. I think it looks so much better.

Trouble is ride height looks terrible. That leads you down wanting it lower which = ruined ride. I'll put up with undersized wheels and better ride. Think my big rim pothole dodging days are behind me now.

Trouble is ride height looks terrible. That leads you down wanting it lower which = ruined ride. I'll put up with undersized wheels and better ride. Think my big rim pothole dodging days are behind me now.
It's a shame the wheels aren't just a tiny bit bigger as it would look better. The wheel arches look to me like they are crying for a bit more filling. Won't be changing the wheels though. And, maybe controversially, I like the aero covers.

That looks good. My car is often going to have 2 muddy dogs in the back. Have you got a link please?
I've been happy with mine, though you'll want a different variety. https://m.aliexpress.com/item/10050...der_detail.order_detail_item.3.5b51f19cfeNXOU
IMG_20221125_125505.jpg

That's fine if you don't want to use Android Auto / Apple Carplay :)
doh !
I've also bought a Carlinkit - is it not possible to use both? I thought there were 2 USB power slots under the tray? I have a feeling you're going to tell me this isn't possible and that I've wasted £7 :ROFLMAO:

That looks good. My car is often going to have 2 muddy dogs in the back. Have you got a link please?
Rubber Car Boot Mat Liner (137cm X 110cm) Universal Non-Slip Deep-Dish Heavy-Duty Rubber for Cars SUV Truck and VAN, Waterproof, All Weather https://amzn.eu/fsfIIEA

We got this size as the smaller one (120x80) was not in stock. You may be able to use the smaller one as well.

The mat needs to be trimmed. The excess from the larger mat fit really well between the two rear foot well mats and covered the small hump in the centre.

doh !
I've also bought a Carlinkit - is it not possible to use both? I thought there were 2 USB power slots under the tray? I have a feeling you're going to tell me this isn't possible and that I've wasted £7 :ROFLMAO:
That wireless charge pad looks like it connects to the USB C port. The Carlinkit needs to connect to the USB A port so you should be OK. 👍

doh !
USB splitter and you can plug both in 🙂

Ah yeah, I see what you mean, thanks.

I also have those rubber mats that you have (although without the coloured edging). They're currently hanging up in my garage and I'm hoping that the rubber smell will have faded away by the time my car turns up next year 😬

Rubber Car Boot Mat Liner (137cm X 110cm) Universal Non-Slip Deep-Dish Heavy-Duty Rubber for Cars SUV Truck and VAN, Waterproof, All Weather https://amzn.eu/fsfIIEA

We got this size as the smaller one (120x80) was not in stock. You may be able to use the smaller one as well.

The mat needs to be trimmed. The excess from the larger mat fit really well between the two rear foot well mats and covered the small hump in the centre.
Would the smaller one have been a better size if available do you know?

Would the smaller one have been a better size if available do you know?

The smaller (120x80) would have been a better size. Although you would still need to trim some bits off. See the video below for dimensions of the boot.

What lights does anyone suggest for the console area? I tend to drop my keys in the cup holder area, but once parked up I'm often struggling to find them in the dark.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back