what to add on to a new car (cosmetic or practical)

ok, firstly apologies if this subject appears elsewhere already, especially if it was me who raised it :)

I'm thinking of what things I could perhaps add on to the car whenever I get it, and wondered if anyone could suggest anything I may have missed

mud flaps (its a thing with me, I need them)
dashcam (never had one yet but considering)
sill protection
puddle lights (my Old Ford puma had a gorgeous puma shaped puddle light)
Service plan
GAP insurance
boot mat
Reversing camera (could be integrated with the dashcam), unless you're going for a Trophy
Interior car mats
Some form of paint and interior protection by your local detailer.
Either a type 2 or granny charger depending what comes with the car
Screen protector for the infotainment screen
V2L cable or adapter
30cm USB cables

ii thought my list might be longer but I seem to have dried up - any others?
Roof bars.
Tailgate bike rack.
Towbar
You might have guessed, I need to carry a couple of bikes. 🚴

A centre console tray to help organise the deep hole. I haven't got my car yet but I have the tray!
It can double up as an oil tray

Joking aside I was wondering about one of those. I have something similar in my Focus. It's usful for stopping the small bits you accumulate diaspperaing into the nether regions.

Other accessories I have bought
Front & rear one piece mat , Carbon fibre door & boot threshold protector stickers, Led interior reading light usb charging , car front seat organisers you can buy right and left , side mirrors rainproof eye brow covers , leather rear car seat anti kick protectors with storage , full set mud flaps.
Ive got everything apart from mud flaps that should be delivered next week.
All items bought from AliExpress which come from either China or Hong Kong , if interested just Google it , type in to search MG ZS EV 2022
bought the rear Led light as I believe there is no rear interior light over rear seats from memory ( haven’t got my car yet hopefully due 2nd week in December.

77E78F89-500D-416C-806A-06DFC9DDBF86.jpeg

Accessories purchased

Attachments

• 35F73D4B-4FC7-4E25-9F3E-3190DA5496F7.jpeg
    35F73D4B-4FC7-4E25-9F3E-3190DA5496F7.jpeg
    734.2 KB · Views: 135
  • 8B44620C-743A-4B91-8129-F6EE34EA29F6.jpeg
    8B44620C-743A-4B91-8129-F6EE34EA29F6.jpeg
    486.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 5840A232-89AB-4279-A822-7E1AA56A4067.jpeg
    5840A232-89AB-4279-A822-7E1AA56A4067.jpeg
    389.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 2FDCF398-638F-43FF-873A-860224F48330.jpeg
    2FDCF398-638F-43FF-873A-860224F48330.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 136
Accessories purchased
You've been busy.

I've got or ordered:
Mats, Type 2 cable, Mud flaps, Info screen protector, Central armrest storage tray, Silicon key cover and a pair of generic rubber mats for when I take the dogs for a walk.

What are the large black items in photo starting 8B44620C that seem to have a crease halfway down?

Last edited:
You've been busy.

I've got or ordered:
Mats, Type 2 cable, Mud flaps, Info screen protector, Central armrest storage tray, Silicon key cover and a pair of generic rubber mats for when I take the dogs for a walk.

What are the large black items in photo starting 8B44620C that seem to have a crease halfway down?
Yes I’ve been busy had 11 months 😂 the black items your referring to are to save rear of front seats from getting scuffs from shoes the top opens for storage they are real leather, they have clips and hooks to fix , they have been stored in bag they came in as soon as bit of heat gets to them they will be fine. I’m still waiting on mud flaps should have them next week , I also have front and rear mats , the rear one is one piece covering both sides of car. Previous photograph posted on here of mats. I did want a boot liner but as always had them but at the time they were very expensive , went into The Range and bought one you can cut to size was very cheap less than £10.

Interesting in his choices.
No mud flaps which I think a lot of us have bought or are looking at.
Never been keen on seatbelt protectors. I always think they are an older person's accessory, but that could be due to my parents always having them. (Before you ask I'm 60+)
I like the valve caps but there are horror stories of the metal ones corroding themselves tight and having to be cut off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting in his choices.
No mud flaps which I think a lot of us have bought or are looking at.
Never been keen on seatbelt protectors. I always think they are an older person's accessory, but that could be due to my parents always having them. (Before you ask I'm 60+)
I like the valve caps but there are horror stories of the metal ones corroding themselves tight and having to be cut off.
I bought metal valve caps on a Kuga went in with a puncture and they had to cut the valve off, if you want them plenty of grease in cap😉

Door strips look smart enough, not into the seatbelt protectors and I'm with you on the metal valve caps.
The neon lights are definitely not my thing, the look a bit "pimp my ride" "fast and furious" for me.
You see loads of early 20 something boys with them sitting in car parks in their fiestas and corsas, that's not having any go at them but in my opinion that's the target audience.
I also don't like all the different wires sticking out the ports, again just my preference

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back