what to add on to a new car (cosmetic or practical)

I'm waiting first to see which exact cable type (Granny or Type 2) will be in the car when I collect it next week.
Same here. I was told it would be a granny cable, but until I see it in the boot, I’ll hold off on purchasing a type 2.

any would be a nice surprise for me, as one of the first things the dealer tried to sell me was a type2, type2 cable.when I declined and asked if a granny cable came as standard he said he didn't know, so as I say any sort of cable would be nice...

I bought a Type 2 as I'm having an untethered wall charger installed and wanted to be sure I can recharge the car at home when I got it. If it comes with a Type 2 I'll either swop it for a granny cable or keep one in the house for home charging and the other under the boot floor (I've ordered the Trophy) in case I need it away from home.

Another item for the list...
RFID blocking key pouches to stop the local scroats nicking it
I wouldn’t bother with these. I’ve had 4 and they all suffered the same fate…they give way where they open and close over a fairly short time. Highly recommend the box type if you can pick one up. Argos had one for about £20. More expensive but should last an awful lot longer

Edit - I should have clarified when I say ‘give way’ I don’t mean the Velcro breaks down, I mean the RFID blocking lining breaks down, rendering them useless. I only discovered this by chance one day when I took the pouch out to my car to show a friend how it worked, only to discover the door opened with the key secured in the pouch!!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t bother with these. I’ve had 4 and they all suffered the same fate…they give way where they open and close over a fairly short time. Highly recommend the box type if you can pick one up. Argos had one for about £20. More expensive but should last an awful lot longer

Edit - I should have clarified when I say ‘give way’ I don’t mean the Velcro breaks down, I mean the RFID blocking lining breaks down, rendering them useless. I only discovered this by chance one day when I took the pouch out to my car to show a friend how it worked, only to discover the door opened with the key secured in the pouch!!
Thanks for the info about the pouches. I might still buy one to put the spare key in and put it in the cupboard and get a box for the key I'll use daily.

Thanks for the info about the pouches. I might still buy one to put the spare key in and put it in the cupboard and get a box for the key I'll use daily.
It depends what you buy. I have a pouch that I have used for years and still works 100%. If I keep the key in its I cannot open the car even if the pouch is right next to the door sensor.

These are the ones I bought. Used daily for 3.5 years so far.

Amazon product ASIN B076KZF645

Last edited:
It depends what you buy. I have a pouch that I have used for years and still works 100%. If I keep the key in its I cannot open the car even if the pouch is right next to the door sensor.

These are the ones I bought. Used daily for 3.5 years so far.

Amazon product ASIN B076KZF645
Maybe the ones I got weren’t great, but they were more expensive than those you’ve linked and they didn’t last more than a few months at best. For keeping a spare key in a cupboard I found them perfect though.

Good to hear that those ones are good. I may get some just to see how they perform…maybe I’m just too rough with them!

Edit - just realised the ones I’ve used are actually less expensive, albeit only a little bit…

These are the ones I’ve used and they were poor…

Could you share a pic?
Other accessories I have bought
Front & rear one piece mat , Carbon fibre door & boot threshold protector stickers, Led interior reading light usb charging , car front seat organisers you can buy right and left , side mirrors rainproof eye brow covers , leather rear car seat anti kick protectors with storage , full set mud flaps.
Ive got everything apart from mud flaps that should be delivered next week.
All items bought from AliExpress which come from either China or Hong Kong , if interested just Google it , type in to search MG ZS EV 2022
bought the rear Led light as I believe there is no rear interior light over rear seats from memory ( haven’t got my car yet hopefully due 2nd week in December.

For Teslas you can buy S3XY Buttons, which allow you to program some shortcut buttons for a variety of functions via a wireless connection to a dongle in the OBD port. I wonder if it would be possible to get something similar made up for the MG4?

Other accessories I have bought
Front & rear one piece mat , Carbon fibre door & boot threshold protector stickers, Led interior reading light usb charging , car front seat organisers you can buy right and left , side mirrors rainproof eye brow covers , leather rear car seat anti kick protectors with storage , full set mud flaps.
Ive got everything apart from mud flaps that should be delivered next week.
All items bought from AliExpress which come from either China or Hong Kong , if interested just Google it , type in to search MG ZS EV 2022
bought the rear Led light as I believe there is no rear interior light over rear seats from memory ( haven’t got my car yet hopefully due 2nd week in December.
What on Earth are rainproof eyebrow covers? The mind boggles!

Maybe the ones I got weren’t great, but they were more expensive than those you’ve linked and they didn’t last more than a few months at best. For keeping a spare key in a cupboard I found them perfect though.

Good to hear that those ones are good. I may get some just to see how they perform…maybe I’m just too rough with them!

Edit - just realised the ones I’ve used are actually less expensive, albeit only a little bit…

These are the ones I’ve used and they were poor…
I have always treated them gently when opening and closing as obviously that is where they are likely to eventually fail.

I am guessing something like this (was a new one on me too):

Amazon product ASIN B00IQZC3BA
Is it me but the link doesn't work?
All I see is...
1668930058606.png

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%