When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

Hello - I'm a long time lurker.... (Since we ordered).
We ordered a MG5 LR excite in silver from Bath MG at the beginning of January. When we ordered we were given a delivery date of 7th May.
I've just had an email from the dealer saying that they still have no confirmed delivery dates for any of their MG5 orders.
☹️

Hello - I'm a long time lurker.... (Since we ordered).
We ordered a MG5 LR excite in silver from Bath MG at the beginning of January. When we ordered we were given a delivery date of 7th May.
I've just had an email from the dealer saying that they still have no confirmed delivery dates for any of their MG5 orders.
☹️
It's pretty hit and miss but if my September order and Kananim's October order turn up this month I'd suggest that yours is likely to be August/September 👍🏻

Just got a call from Luscombe and they have my car 🎉 I'm off on holiday next week so they're trying to see if they can deliver it this Friday but if not then I'll get it the week after.
🤞 your blue one is also close to delivery too Ozzie

Just got a call from Luscombe and they have my car 🎉 I'm off on holiday next week so they're trying to see if they can deliver it this Friday but if not then I'll get it the week after.
🤞 your blue one is also close to delivery too Ozzie
Fantastic news for you, I'm really pleased!

A blue one! Yey! 😃

Hi all, I’m interested in getting some insight into the delivery process. So far, the level of comms has been quite bad in comparison to other EVs we've ordered. All brands have faced similar issues but at least other brands could offer more nuanced status updates. We aren't even getting an estimated delivery timeframe anymore. Originally ordered in November and told delivery in March, then May and then June and now nothing.

With VW and Hyundai we had updates telling us which week the car was going to be built, whether it has shipped or arrived.

At this stage, we don't even know if the car has been built. If I can request a chassis number and the dealer has it, does it mean it has been built?

I'm pretty sure but not 100% that the first my dealer knew was about a week before the boat arrived with it on. What I mean is, I'm not really even convinced they absolutely knew that, it may have been an educated guess.

I'm surprised if it's that late. Surely MG UK are informed of what's loaded onto the ship once it sails, and can then allocate to dealers accordingly? If nothing else they need to order transport from the docks to their dealership which takes time at the moment.

Like many of us watching this thread, with increasing despondency I’ve been waiting for any news of deliveries reaching these shores. Today I was astonished when my dealer (the excellent Melvin at Donalds of Peterborough) told me they hope to receive the car next week. If it’s of any help to those trying to piece together relevant info, my car is a LR white Excite, ordered 7th January (this year, believe it or not). Please forgive any apparent insensitivity of this post but I genuinely want to offer a bit of hope to one and all. I really hope there’s good news on its way all round. 🤞

Last edited:
I just bought a red exclusive pre reg from Glyn Hopkins in Chelmsford. I was offered my choice of red or black so I would imagine they still have the black. Just info if there's anyone tired of waiting.

Like many of us watching this thread, with increasing despondency I’ve been waiting for any news of deliveries reaching these shores. Today I was astonished when my dealer (the excellent Melvin at Donalds of Peterborough) told me they hope to receive the car next week. If it’s of any help to those trying to piece together relevant info, my car is a LR white Excite, ordered 7th January (this year, believe it or not). Please forgive any apparent insensitivity of this post but I genuinely want to offer a bit of hope to one and all. I really hope there’s good news on its way all round. 🤞
Thanks for posting your update.
It's great news (although I am a little jealous)
I also ordered on the 7th January (from HSH MG in Bath) mine is a LR grey excite.
The dealer told me last week they did not have any confirmed dates. Out of interest when was the last update you had from your dealer prior this latest update?

Thanks for posting your update.
It's great news (although I am a little jealous)
I also ordered on the 7th January (from HSH MG in Bath) mine is a LR grey excite.
The dealer told me last week they did not have any confirmed dates. Out of interest when was the last update you had from your dealer prior this latest update?
You’ve every right to be more than a little jealous, which is why I hesitated about saying anything in the first place. My last update was 20th May, when the dealer told me the car was “showing a delivery of around 11th July on the MG system”. I’ve been fully expecting that date to change on the system but apparently I was wrong. Hope that info gives you something useful to take back to your dealer, and you too get a pleasant surprise before too much longer.

Great news, I'm genuinely pleased for you!

Also expecting mine next week (unconfirmed) so hopefully this means more than just a few happy MG5 owners very soon 😃

Great news, I'm genuinely pleased for you!

Also expecting mine next week (unconfirmed) so hopefully this means more than just a few happy MG5 owners very soon 😃
Thanks. Very pleased to hear your news and also hoping for much MG5 happiness in the near future! 🤗

Thanks. Very pleased to hear your news and also hoping for much MG5 happiness in the near future! 🤗
I'm very excited to announce (and I'm sure you'll all be pleased now that I can finally shut up about this 😂) that I picked up my MG5 today!

I can't confirm what ship it arrived on, but can confirm it was built in late March 22.

It was delivered to my leasing company last week seemingly out of the blue (along with another MG5 and a few HS's) in pristine condition. Sadly we had rain with a lot of sandy stuff in over the weekend and it was caked on pickup so no pictures I'm afraid until I've cleaned it 😂

Happy motoring everyone and, to those still waiting, it'll be worth it 🙂

I'm very excited to announce (and I'm sure you'll all be pleased now that I can finally shut up about this 😂) that I picked up my MG5 today!

I can't confirm what ship it arrived on, but can confirm it was built in late March 22.

It was delivered to my leasing company last week seemingly out of the blue (along with another MG5 and a few HS's) in pristine condition. Sadly we had rain with a lot of sandy stuff in over the weekend and it was caked on pickup so no pictures I'm afraid until I've cleaned it 😂

Happy motoring everyone and, to those still waiting, it'll be worth it 🙂
You won’t be disappointed. Two weeks in, over 1000 miles and it’s a pleasure to drive.

I put down a deposit on a silver new model excite at Richmonds Portsmouth yesterday
sales man said it was a bout 6 month lead time but they’ve got some on preorder , so fingers crossed it’s earlier

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom