• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

To be fair mine's coming from quite a big leasing company, I ordered in February but they may have ordered the batch of cars much earlier than that.
That said I hope you hear something soon.

Just been told ours is on a ship and due end of September. Any idea which ship this is??

It takes less than 7 weeks for a car transport ship to get from Shanghai to the UK, so I can't square your statement about (already) being on a ship (but) being due end of September.

It takes less than 7 weeks for a car transport ship to get from Shanghai to the UK, so I can't square your statement about (already) being on a ship (but) being due end of September.
It’s not unusual for the dealership to add buffers to the delivery date. They said 2 weeks before the end.

7 weeks from now would be 22nd August. So that gives 2-4 weeks from arriving in the UK to delivery which isn’t unusual.

Blimey, my one is a company car and we ordered in February. Beginning to get worried about not having a car come early December when my lease is up!

Blimey, my one is a company car and we ordered in February. Beginning to get worried about not having a car come early December when my lease is up!
There's certainly a chance that you won't have your new car by then, but I would imagine the current lease agreement could be extended to accommodate.

It already has been extended. My return date was 12th June, I signed up for the car in January after being told they had deliveries of id.3s lined up for July then in February they told us we had the choice of an MG5 or nothing as the deliveries had slipped to 16 months!

Fleet have changed from August delivery in April to now saying Autumn last week. I'm mostly worried that they didn't specify if it was Autumn this year!

According to my local dealer, MG have "promised" to deliver the remaining orders of the "old" MG5 by the end of August this year.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom