When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

Got informed 2 weeks ago my the LR Excite in Black is delayed to November. Ordered November 21 as well.
Every time I get to 3 weeks from delivery, it gets pushed back by 3 months...

We ordered just before end of May on an interest free deal for PCP. We were told Mid-September about a month ago and followed up a few days ago to be told that it is now Mid-October that it is expected to arrive at the port (so probably another 2 - 4 weeks for processing through the port and transportation to the dealership). Why don't MG just try to set up a manufacturing plant here in the UK like Nissan?

Got informed 2 weeks ago my the LR Excite in Black is delayed to November. Ordered November 21 as well.
Every time I get to 3 weeks from delivery, it gets pushed back by 3 months...
Hope you get a wonderful surprise and it arrives the end of this month!

Had a call today from Richmond Portsmouth , my car is due to hit them at beginning of September 😁 and it’s new not prereg
salesman has a load of calls to make today

Our fleet department emailed me today saying my company car should be with the dealership end of September to the beginning of October.

Had a reply to an email I sent to MG for information about my order.

“Thanks for getting in touch.

Regarding your vehicle order (ref no. 300006XXXX), we are pleased to confirm that the delivery ETA of your vehicle is towards the mid of October.”

Ordered a Blue LR Exclusive on 10.12.21
Wonder if it’ll arrive before the face lift model starts shipping?

Had a reply to an email I sent to MG for information about my order.

“Thanks for getting in touch.

Regarding your vehicle order (ref no. 300006XXXX), we are pleased to confirm that the delivery ETA of your vehicle is towards the mid of October.”

Ordered a Blue LR Exclusive on 10.12.21
Wonder if it’ll arrive before the face lift model starts shipping?
I ordered March 2022 . Mine already here but dealer holding it until 1.9.22 so it’s on a 72 plate for me. Mine is the LR exclusive in blue too. Originally was supposed to be here back end of June. Arrived 5 august

Last edited:
I ordered March 2022 . Mine already here but dealer holding it until 1.9.22 so it’s on a 72 plate for me. Mine is the LR exclusive in blue too. Originally was supposed to be here back end of June. Arrived 5 august
I was originally advised for an April delivery when ordering. Which dealer did you go through?

Robbed from ZS EV forum.
just for fun!
Guess what boat our cars are on. LoL!

According to Portbury expected arrivals there are only three on the way that have visited Shanghai.
Global Highway - 19th Aug (spent 26 hours in Shanghai on 18th July)
Swallow Ace - 31st Aug (spent 39 hours in Shanghai on 31st July)
Michigan Highway - 8th Sep (spent 4.5 hours in Shanghai on 2nd Aug)
Global highway docked at 22:17 last night and is still along side

Just heard from dealer my silver mg5 LR will be available for collection November 5th. Ordered 23/3/22. I was hoping to have it by September, but actually reassuring to finally have a confirmed delivery date.

Just heard from dealer my silver mg5 LR will be available for collection November 5th. Ordered 23/3/22. I was hoping to have it by September, but actually reassuring to finally have a confirmed delivery date.
That's good. My mg5 blue lr Excite was ordered 31 March. Work salary sacrifice lease car through Arval /Drive MG. Fingers crossed I hear something soon.

Our fleet department emailed me today saying my company car should be with the dealership end of September to the beginning of October.

Forgot to say it is a LR Exclusive, probably ordered at the end of February. It's in company car silver it has at least one friend with it.

Received an email from MG today with regards to our MG5. Hoping it will arrive Mid September for collection end September.

Hi Mr...,

Thank you for your email.

Your vehicle order is ‘on future shipment’, which means your vehicle will arrive at your MG dealership middle/end of September.

In this instance, it is best to continue to liaise with your MG dealer for further information about delivery and the day of collection.

Your patience is much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Received an email from MG today with regards to our MG5. Hoping it will arrive Mid September for collection end September.

Hi Mr...,

Thank you for your email.

Your vehicle order is ‘on future shipment’, which means your vehicle will arrive at your MG dealership middle/end of September.

In this instance, it is best to continue to liaise with your MG dealer for further information about delivery and the day of collection.

Your patience is much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Well, I think you can't complain. We have also ordered in may and in the Netherlands the dealership is saying well it should come in before the end of the year. At signing of the purchase agreement we were told september delivery, then by phone october and now before the end of the year.

Pleased to report our MG5 (silver/grey) arrived yesterday morning! Only 6.5 months later than originally quoted... I've done 100 miles or so in it today and I'm very impressed with the ride quality. If an MG5 is this good, what must an expensive electric car be like?!
Probably just the same ....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom