When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

I put down a deposit on a silver new model excite at Richmonds Portsmouth yesterday
sales man said it was a bout 6 month lead time but they’ve got some on preorder , so fingers crossed it’s earlier
Hope so for your sake! I read there were some dealers that had stopped taking any more orders as they couldn't guarantee getting any more cars.... Sure you'll be fine though!

Hope so for your sake! I read there were some dealers that had stopped taking any more orders as they couldn't guarantee getting any more cars.... Sure you'll be fine though!
Mines the new LR version out later this year
The orders that were stopped were for the current/old 5

Got an email from my dealer saying they expect my Mg 5 LR red by the end of the week. They have sent me a copy of the Invoice (for EST loan process in Scotland) which has a chassis number so looks to be real!

Ordered end of Jan, told May/June so not too bad. Hopefully means a few more will be getting theirs in soon too. Good luck!

Are you sure? They haven't even released prices, specs or anything yet as far as I'm aware... It's not being released until the end of the year for ordering.

I would double check...

Are you sure? They haven't even released prices, specs or anything yet as far as I'm aware... It's not being released until the end of the year for ordering.

I would double check...
I was thinking much the same. If it is indeed the new version, we would all be keen to know pricing, specification etc....

Any dealer willing you to sell something that doesn't exist or mislead you into thinking you're getting something you're not is a dealer I would walk away from.

MG stopped taking orders on the current Gen MG5 which implies there's enough orders in the order book to cover all of the ones they've built. As far as anyone is aware they've not opened the order book for the forthcoming face-lift or released any information.

I suspect they've sold you a 2021 LR model (most of which have been delivered in 2022) that's likely a stock or cancelled order. As others have already said, go clarify exactly what you have on order. If they've sold you the face-lift that resembles the EU model, everyone here would be interested in the UK Spec and pricing (including the several dealers that are members)

Hmmmm. I hope you're right but I'm not convinced you are. There's no release date that I'm aware of yet and no pricing structure released or even model names & spec & colours confirmed afaik? I'd check if I were you!

I'm very excited to announce (and I'm sure you'll all be pleased now that I can finally shut up about this 😂) that I picked up my MG5 today!

I can't confirm what ship it arrived on, but can confirm it was built in late March 22.

It was delivered to my leasing company last week seemingly out of the blue (along with another MG5 and a few HS's) in pristine condition. Sadly we had rain with a lot of sandy stuff in over the weekend and it was caked on pickup so no pictures I'm afraid until I've cleaned it 😂

Happy motoring everyone and, to those still waiting, it'll be worth it 🙂
A picture now it's clean(ish) and I figured that a celebration of my first rapid charge would be a good photo!

IMG_20220622_163637369_HDR~2.jpg

Ok so I picked an easy one, Instavolt, but considering I turned up with 40% it still gave me 79kw so I was impressed ☺️

A picture now it's clean(ish) and I figured that a celebration of my first rapid charge would be a good photo!

View attachment 9201

Ok so I picked an easy one, Instavolt, but considering I turned up with 40% it still gave me 79kw so I was impressed ☺️
They are all easy so long as you do it right and don't accidentally cut corners :)

I would double check...

BrechMG5LR. Is this from Parks, Brechin? If you don’t mind me asking, when did you order it? If it’s a red top of the range I saw it Sunday. Sorry, just read a previous post, no need to reply.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom