• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

When's the next MG5 delivery?!!

11,000 MG cars due by end of FEB 22. But that's all types. There will be a lot of ICE cars and a fair few MG5, HS PHEV, etc but only 500 or so new ZS EV SR, and 100 or so ZS EV LR only. Guy Pigounakis gave this info in answer to a question to Miles from me. Check out the last Podcast.
Thank you for the post. That makes sense now for me. We had a ZS Trophy on order since early November. We were told delivery Jan, this was pushed to Feb/March, then April/May. Now the dealers mentioned about more stock of the standard range arriving & the Long Range now pushed to July, dealer said if it comes sooner that will be a bonus 🙁 poor show by MG, considering the standard range has just been launched.

Anyone called their dealer over the last couple of weeks?
Yes, I have, today!

My original "expected date of delivery" was late-February to early-March. Now is likely to be May or June, apparently!:mad:

I think we all understand the problem of lack of availability of semiconductors but ......

Miles confirmed on the podcast a ship with many MG5s is due to land end of Feb. Some MG ZS buyers are being told 28th Feb, and there are 4 vehicle carrying vessels due to dock in Bristol/Portishead on this date. One of them is currently sat offshore in China. Will update if I find out more!

I'm hoping my vehicle is on the Durban Highway, due to Dock on the 9th, this would tie in with my dealers expected delivery of the 14th, giving me a solid chance of receiving my vehicle 1st week of March.

It must be close, my daily driver can smell it and has started to fall apart in anticipation of being replaced.

I'm hoping my vehicle is on the Durban Highway, due to Dock on the 9th, this would tie in with my dealers expected delivery of the 14th, giving me a solid chance of receiving my vehicle 1st week of March.

It must be close, my daily driver can smell it and has started to fall apart in anticipation of being replaced.
It was only in China for just shy of 13 hours. Unless they only loaded a relatively small number of vehicles of course, this seems a short time!

Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us though 😉

In my fantasy world it was occupying spare capacity.

It seems to be spending 12-20 hours in each port. The alternative is its on a boat 2 weeks later and I'm in danger of running out of time on my daily 6 months waiting is tedious.

In my fantasy world it was occupying spare capacity.

It seems to be spending 12-20 hours in each port. The alternative is its on a boat 2 weeks later and I'm in danger of running out of time on my daily 6 months waiting is tedious.
Yes, hope is all we have 😂 good luck!

Mine's just the same! Spending £250 on repairing a 15 year old Toyota that only cost me £1500 gripped in the craw a bit, so I need my LR asap!

Ro-ro loading is supposed to be fast and efficient, so hopefully 12 hours is plenty of time to load a good number of MGs. I'm not chasing my dealer at the moment as stuck at home with the virus, so would struggle to organise the sale of my ICE. Gives me time to ship track though. The Viking Sea is due in to Portbury on the 11th and spent over 24 hours at Shanghai.

We spoke to our dealer today 3rd Feb. The car has been on order since 16th September, and has now reached our shores. The dealer expected us to delay delivery until 1st March for the new "22" plates, but we said we would only delay if it was close (maybe 10 days or less) to the month end, otherwise we will take it as soon as we could... Not sure of timescales from port to dealer, especially if this was a big shipment, but it would then be with the dealer a week for the PDI, making it UK spec (whatever that implies) and having the KERS software update. On the plus side our current car appears to have increased in value by £1k since September! At least the end is in sight!

I spoke to our dealer on 26 Jan. The dealer expected us to delivery before end of March. We have ordered the MG5LR on 22 Sept 2021.

I'm hearing a few people saying their orders are being pushed further and further back. If that happens to me I'll cancel. You can't treat customers like that.

Having waited 5 months already, throwing the towel in and finding an alternative vehicle would just put me at the back of a different 5 month queue, which is not something I can make work.

Back in the day my first car took 6 weeks (Which felt like forever) and I got to watch it going around the factory in Dagenham.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom