Which Bike Rack??

Would this be ok to send to them?
Goedendag, ik heb een MGZSEV en wens een trekhaak om een fietsenrek te dragen. Is dit iets dat u kunt vervaardigen en naar het VK kunt verzenden?
dank u
Perfect! But maybe add a question if they are able to reply in English? Most Dutch can and will do that. And I would ask if you can pay with creditcard or Paypall. Good luck!

Briljant bedankt voor al je hulp. geniet van de rest van je avond

???
1593373651936.png

Hi so this us the response I received, I asked if they would supply only to the UK

MG zs

trekhaak afneembare 13 pol 699.- incl complete montage + garantie ( alleen voor een fietsendrager 75 kogeldruk, geen trekgewicht op de auto )

kentekenplaat wit 17.50 incl

alleen met montage Geen lossen verkoop

Hi. First the translation of the reply you've got:
Detachable towbar with 13 pole plug including complete installation and guarantee for €699.

And something about the white licence platte we have to use in NL. Not something you're interested in if you live elsewhere.

That's typical for the North.
I guess you've encountered the one who doesn't understand English. Or won't because he's not interested. So you've got his standard reaction.

Here's what I propose: I'll call and ask them if they are willig to just sell the towbar and ship it, what the costs including shipment are and how their returnpolicy is.

Hope to return here with a positive answer.

Hi, I was a little surprised by his reply my first thought was he must have lots of work to turn away business... so the North / South devide us not just something that happens in the UK ??
Lets hope you receive a more favourable reply. Thank you again for your help ??

Hi, I was a little surprised by his reply my first thought was he must have lots of work to turn away business... so the North / South devide us not just something that happens in the UK ??
Lets hope you receive a more favourable reply. Thank you again for your help ??
Well... I live in the middle, western part of Holland so north and south are peculiar, as well as the east if you ask me?

I originally come from the North now live in the South big differences....
Do you live anywhere near a town called Fijnaart?

Hi.
Right, I'm back with a big bummer.

They don't sell the towbar without installment. So no point in talking about shipping it wherever.
Reason is connecting it to the right light wires and blablabla. I thought that works with standardized connectors, but who am I.

(It is also mentioned on the last line in the message you've received, but I didn't see that on my phone yesterday. Sorry)

Hi. I called again, because I wasn't satisfied with the answers I've got.

Here's your proof that not all Dutch are gifted with good salesmenship.

Turns out it is just one man running this garage. So he has made a whole bunch of towbars for the MG ZS EV, but only put's them on himself to "make some money, especially in this time".

The first order came from Van Mossel, the Dutch importer and dealer of our MG's! He further told me he's being called by allmost everybody with an MG ZS EV about this, even from abroad. But they all have to come to him, otherwise he can't earn some money... (that's right he told me that over and over again)
I then asked "and if I ask my dealer (Van Mossel) to order one from you?" Reply: "They can, but still have to come to me for installment. Or they can buy the whole bunch in one buy, and I come over and install them myself and nobody else, because I want ot earn some money"..... ??

I realized that there didn't seem to be much room for other points of view and didn't bother to ask him why he thought he can't make some money just by selling them.

Neither have I asked if this is approved by MG and the Dutch department of traffic (RDW)... I know I won't and can't get me one.

Oh my goodness, this man could be sitting on a fortune! If he joined every ZS forum in europe and put this out there he would be so busy!!! A millionaire in months. Why oh why is he so shirt sighted??? Mad man

He has people from all over Europe calling him!!!!

Hi Arjen,
see the other thread...it looks like there is a Warranty issue if you fit one!

Good afternoon all, I have had an email at last from MG confirming you CAN use a third party rear mounted bike rack to the tailgate but they will not recommend any. Tried mine fits beautifully had three bikes on and was a dream!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200602-110037_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200602-110037_Chrome.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 196
I already contacted the one from the north and just as you stated. He just wants to install them and not sell them without install they are 699 euro. I found a company in the south of Holland that also installs them but cheaper 399 or 499 euro including installation. Its Hoppenbrouwers motors in Berkel-Enschot, maybe they can send you one? Or try to contact "trekhaakcentrum" they have stores all over the Netherlands. I don't know the pricing from that one yet.

I'm getting my MG next thursday and will surely be fitting one for my bike rack. Also private lease at Van Mossel cars.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom