Who else has left the charger flap open?

Been there done that, TWICE.
homer-doh.jpg

The warning is the blue/orange strip LED in the driver’s door lock switch flashing. Also horn bibs when you try and lock the car Not very obvious I know.
I found this out ‘cos I’d shut the flap but I hadn’t pushed it fully home to engage the micro switch.

The warning is the blue/orange strip LED in the driver’s door lock switch flashing. Also horn bibs when you try and lock the car Not very obvious I know.
I found this out ‘cos I’d shut the flap but I hadn’t pushed it fully home to engage the micro switch.
I have left mine open once and travelled about 30 miles home before I realised !.
I was not aware there was a warning light in the drivers door.
Did anybody know this ?.

I just tried it, opened the flap.
Reversed a bit on drive, tried locking the doors etc.
The led on the door lock didn’t do anything.
Locked car and no bib from the horn.
??

Well what an idiot I felt today. Took daughter to school, got out car and saw the big flat thing sticking up at the front of the car!
Luckily my little led pir light I'd stuck inside hadn't fallen loose/out.

Think a little warning light is needed!
Happens once so far. Left home and after 1 minute had call from my son 'dad you have flap open". Ups

I dont think there is any warning on the MG5 as I have done it twice now and it was only after getting a weird stare from a pedestrian that I realised. You also dont see it on the end of the bonnet like a ZS as the flap opens sideways instead of vertically on a ZS

Well what an idiot I felt today. Took daughter to school, got out car and saw the big flat thing sticking up at the front of the car!

I've done that twice, mine does nothing to warn me that the flap is open.

I dont think there is any warning on the MG5 as I have done it twice now and it was only after getting a weird stare from a pedestrian that I realised. You also dont see it on the end of the bonnet like a ZS as the flap opens sideways instead of vertically on a ZS
Didn't realise it opened sideways on MG5, that's good that they improved it from the very silly awkward ZS design.
I can't see it open from inside the car, maybe I'm not tall enough!

Guilty as charged...

Did on Wednesday for the first time.
Pulled over and closed it.

The Car acknowledged my error a few seconds later by flashing up a HV battery fault message!!

On my previous VW PHEV - If I left the charging port flap open, it would flag up on the dash as a "Tailgate Open" warning !.
Incorrect description, but at least you had a warning on the dash panel.
The MG only requires a small micro switch behind the door and there you go, problem sorted !.

No, but close

I did a 70 kilometers trip, mostly on the motorway 😳. The flap proved to be more durable then first expected 😄 it was my pride that suffered the most 🥴😂.
I'm 189 cm, and couldn't see the flap.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom