Who else has left the charger flap open?

OK reference my previous post on this thread, I rechecked the flap open warning and it’s not doing the flashing lock switch LED anymore. My guess is that the function was deleted as part of the Comfort 2 update.

Yep guilty once too got involved with another electric car conversation person hay presto forgot!
Become very conscious of the matter now.

OK reference my previous post on this thread, I rechecked the flap open warning and it’s not doing the flashing lock switch LED anymore. My guess is that the function was deleted as part of the Comfort 2 update.
Well that's a disappointing improvement!!!!!!

I hope you folks weren't dangling your pair of bungs too out of your flap...
That's a preschooler's mistake.

One Of my bungs hangs lower than the other - is this normal?

I haven't done it, but out of interest I left it open today and there was no warning light (drivers door lock light) or horn when locking the car as suggested by others.

To the best of my knowledge, there is NO warnings of any type WHEN you leave the charge port door open.
It needs a micro switch fitting to the inside of the charge port, that can be triggered when the flap is raised up.

To the best of my knowledge, there is NO warnings of any type WHEN you leave the charge port door open.
It needs a micro switch fitting to the inside of the charge port, that can be triggered when the flap is raised up.
Hang on.....is there a micro switch in there or not?
There must be, if someone used to get a warning light etc before comfort pack 2 removed it????

Done once when I first got my 5 then took Evasive action to avoid it happening again store mine in that little pocket in the centre tunnel under the drive selector

Attachments

• F47DCE16-F3C1-4EC7-89F9-07F56AC788C6.jpeg
    F47DCE16-F3C1-4EC7-89F9-07F56AC788C6.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 247
  • 36F71407-C962-449D-BE89-BAD91A088621.jpeg
    36F71407-C962-449D-BE89-BAD91A088621.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 206
A couple of other threads has reminded me that a few weeks ago I stopped for a quick 'charge and go' near Newark on my way back to Leeds.
Arrived back home some 70 miles later to discover flap open.
It had survived speeds up to 70mph with no damage or subsequent problems. Still working fine and dandy.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom