Wind noise Drivers/RHS

jon0881

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi,

One of the complaints i have in my snagging list is that the car has an anoying wind noise over 40mph. Its only heard from the drivers side and others have had this on here too. I shown my dealer a video where i taped up the front quarter glass and the problem went away but they are asking if others have had this solved under warenty that i give them the details so they can log it. Seems im doing more than i sohuld be already on a fault.

One guy i spoke with on the FB group i think said his dealer removed and refitted the glass with some gause and was an assembly fault.

Would anyone be willing to share more details if you had this fixed?

/Jon

This has been reported here a few times ... it's usually the sealing around the driver's quarter light glass that causes it. (Maybe search here for quarter and/or wind noise?)

Fortunately I don't have this issue.

Hi,

One of the complaints i have in my snagging list is that the car has an anoying wind noise over 40mph. Its only heard from the drivers side and others have had this on here too. I shown my dealer a video where i taped up the front quarter glass and the problem went away but they are asking if others have had this solved under warenty that i give them the details so they can log it. Seems im doing more than i sohuld be already on a fault.

One guy i spoke with on the FB group i think said his dealer removed and refitted the glass with some gause and was an assembly fault.

Would anyone be willing to share more details if you had this fixed?

/Jon
Ours does this, wind noise drivers side and build up of condensation when driving at 70mph - suggests to me a seal issue. It’s going back to the dealership, but i’m not that confident of a fix.

I have the same but I'm convinced the noise is coming from the windscreen/A pillar area. It's a little irritating but not the end of the world

Its a shame the dealer wont just work on it. they want to hear from another dealer that fixed the same issue and were paid for the warrenty work. Its a small problem but really anoying as even in the passenger side you can hear the noise over on the right

I have the same but I'm convinced the noise is coming from the windscreen/A pillar area. It's a little irritating but not the end of the world
We could probably get used to the noise, and turn the radio up.

The condensation needs sorting though, and could eventually worsen and allow water in.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.5%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back