Wireless CarPlay Adapter connectivity

Have you deleted your phone from the car's Bluetooth? I watched a video of a chap having connection issues until he deleted his phone and just connected straight to the adapter.
I've got to say that I bought an Android Auto adapter from Amazon, picked up my car last week and haven't connected to the cars Bluetooth, just the adapter bluetooth and I have had no issues, Android Auto starts everytime.
With the adapter, I can do everything like maps, texts and calls etc without connecting direct to the car.
Have you got a dash cam connected to your phone?

I have just setup an Ottocast with a usb line with an on/off switch for Apple CarPlay. Works perfectly, thanks for posting your suggestion. Pretty cheap option from eBay …just has to have data & power.
Also, I got this one :)

I have just discovered that some USB sticks plugged into the right-hand USB-C port (using a USB-C to USB-1 adaptor cable) can stop Apple CarPlay (either via a lightning-cable connected to the iPhone OR using a Carlink 5 adaptor) from working.
I went through the dozen or so cheap/trade show freebie USB sticks I have music stored on in my MG4 SE/LR and discovered two that will consistently stop the left-hand USB-1 port from working correctly. Tugging the offending USB stick will start CarPlay working immediately.

where do i find factory settings to input 4545 please

had the same issue always had to replug after 30 seconds from infotainment boot, ended up replacing with an carlinkit and setting a 30 second delay to startup and she works perfectly.
Hi, How do you set up a delay to startup Please

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel