Wireless CarPlay Adapter/Dongle

Agreed that the android box can be a distraction if it is being used on the move to watch movies which is surely not recommended. But the box has its own advantages too. I use tethered mobile data to connect to the box(automatically connects after first time setup) and use google maps app on the box. So it does not even need Android Auto/Carplay. Also if we insert a 4G sim for data, one wouldn't even need a phone to connect to. It does come down to how one wants to use the box. It really helps us whenever we have waiting times either at a chargepoint or waiting at my son's classes to finish etc. But surely it is not recommended to view movies etc on the move!
Absolutely understand the positives of being able to watch a movie or play games whilst charging or waiting for kids, I think I will be probably using my mobile for that. TBH I was vetoed by the wife once she saw the price and that I had already spent nearly £80 on the AA unit! 😄😄🤦‍♂️

I have been looking at getting an AA Wireless for some time now, but always shied away because of the long delivery time from payment to delivery, and the whole nature of Indiegogo, where you are basically paying for an idea, and can't really complain if you never get your product, as opposed to buying at an online retailer or ebay for example. Indiegogo offers no money back guarantee from what i can see.

I will probably end up buying the MA1, retailers in Denmark has begun putting them on their webshops, allthough they are still "out of stock" but i guess what that means is that they are expecting stock to arrive in the not so distant future.

Having second thoughts about the Motorola one now after reading this.

yeah, the fixed cable and the apparant inability to firmware upgrade is the biggest downsides to this dongle.

I just dont understand why they did not make it updateable...i mean, it would have been relatively simple to make an update routine, where you downloaded an upgrader program to your PC, and then plugged the device into the PC, like a USB drive, and then it would detect and update.

I know AAWireless is supposed to do it via the app, but even being able to do it via the PC and software would have been a lot better than not having an upgrade path at all.

I mean, it is pretty bold to think you have a product that is compatible with ALL makes and models of cars, and a product that will forever work with AA, and google not changing anything that would break the integration.

Yep saw that myself and, coupled with the inability to actually buy one in the UK, I'm leaning towards the aa wireless now...
Went for AA wireless in the end. Order placed 20th April and it arrived today, with no warning 😂
Installation was very simple. Updated it to latest and, so far, runs just as well as wired.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom