Wireless charging pad slip solution

Brettus

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
For those with a heavy right foot or if you enjoy hooning into corners you may have noticed your phone vacating the wireless charging pad.
If you want your phone to stay there then I suggest a piece of dycem. I got a roll after discovering it in hospital. Black would be a better choice but I like blue heh.

NRS Healthcare Blue 20 x 100 cm Dycem Reel Non Slip Grip Material https://amzn.eu/d/isJth1W

Survived a planted foot launch, not tried an actual launch mode one yet but it never moved! Even though my phone has a pop socket on the back so the contact patch is reduced and CG is raised.

For those with a heavy right foot or if you enjoy hooning into corners you may have noticed your phone vacating the wireless charging pad.
If you want your phone to stay there then I suggest a piece of dycem. I got a roll after discovering it in hospital. Black would be a better choice but I like blue heh.

NRS Healthcare Blue 20 x 100 cm Dycem Reel Non Slip Grip Material https://amzn.eu/d/isJth1W

Survived a planted foot launch, not tried an actual launch mode one yet but it never moved! Even though my phone has a pop socket on the back so the contact patch is reduced and CG is raised.
Thanks Brettus!

I will try this as I got fed up with launching my phone early doors and just left it plugged in, in the cup holders!!!

Yeah same, it’s no problem it being anywhere else but I was amazed how non-slip this stuff was so decided to try it. I’ve got more than I need if you’d like me to send a bit for you to try? It IS blue but it’d prove the theory.

I have these none-slip pads, the thing was that they plus the standard cover in the slot meant that it would not charge, so I removed the standard bottom of the charging tray and just used the none-slip pad, then it does charge.

My solution was to design and 3D print a phone bumper that is held in place by the mat. Even got a close match to the cars colour.
MG Phone bumper RED PETG in car.jpg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 522 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel