Wireless EV Charging - Coming soon near you?

drivethru

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I read this recently on a London Borough Council Web page

"We are the first London borough to offer residents wireless charging for electric cars. This innovative scheme works by installing a pad on the underside of an electric car that can be aligned with pads buried beneath the road surface, allowing cable-free charging.

Please check out the consultation page and to let us know your thoughts on this proposal."

I thought it sounded pretty cool. I assume a 3rd party charging pad would have to be installed? Does anyone know any more about this subject and if the mg4 - dare I say it - could benefit from wireless charging?

They tried it with buses in my locality a few years back. My perception is that the buses spent lots of time at terminus bus stops. Not an effective or efficient deployment of assets, I would have thought.

They tried it with buses in my locality a few years back. My perception is that the buses spent lots of time at terminus bus stops. Not an effective or efficient deployment of assets, I would have thought.
They have to build a bit of slack into their running times for traffic, roadworks etc. so there are set points on the route where they wait if they've had a clear run.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back