Worn out seat! Anyone else?

Anyone else got waring to the seats? 1Year 8 months old.

• Total voters

Abaker Mk2

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
IMG_0530.jpeg
IMG_0529.jpeg

Unless you did a lot of traveling in less than two years, or you in the mafia 😉, the seats should definitely not look like that. Our older car, different brand and model obviously, does not have any tear at any of seven seats traveling 333.000 km with a family of six plus dog!
I would claim the faux leather to be a faulty material from the factory, of sub-par quality.

The car is 26,000 miles (42,000km)

Normal commute and family mileage at the weekend.

Just wanted to see if many other have the same issue?

The car is 26,000 miles (42,000km)

Normal commute and family mileage at the weekend.

Just wanted to see if many other have the same issue?
Definitely something I worry about... You should try claiming under the warranty but be prepared to hear "no" for an answer... The photo looks like it was a scrape and not worn out. Wear and tear normally starts where you rub the most sitting down and getting out, and that would be where the red stitching is in your photo...

I've got a similar issue developing in my 70 plate ZS, namely splitting along the outside of the seat bolster.

Really would have expected it to last longer than 40,000 miles.

I’ve just checked and discovered three tiny flaps in the material in my drivers seat squab on the right hand side, and I’ve only drive 26k miles so far.
Please let me know how you get on claiming under warranty if you go down that avenue?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2020 ZS that I have only driven 7300 miles in and the front drivers seat too showed signs of cracking in the material on both the back and seat bolsters. I mentioned this to my MG Dealer in Burnley and they fobbed it off as just a crease in the upholstery where I had been sitting, but was NOT covered under warranty.

My MG ZS EV is booked in on 3rd July to assess my warranty claim for the seat material cracking
IMG_4747.jpeg
IMG_4748.jpeg
IMG_4749.jpeg
. We’ll see how the franchise responds. I know the splits aren’t very big yet, but it doesn’t bode well for the future…

My MG ZS EV is booked in on 3rd July to assess my warranty claim for the seat material cracking. We’ll see how the franchise responds. I know the splits aren’t very big yet, but it doesn’t bode well for the future…
yes, they will get worse and worse .. something I'm increasingly worried about; after seeing some posts about seats, I was paying attention to how I get in and out of the car and I can see why it happens so often, that fold takes the hit each time we get in ...
now, what's the solution ...???

Plenty of seats available from well know auction sites.
My car at 20k miles and 4 years does not seem to show any signs of wear as yet.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom