Would you consider the Ora Funky Cat instead of an MG4?

I just wanted a better sound system in my MG4.
Minimum 9 spk set up including a subwoofer and a rear view camera on SE model

The Funky Cat (which could end up being renamed as the Ora 03, if that helps overcome issues for anyone!) looks more rounded and cutesy.

I personally think the Ora FC has more character in its design.
In Australia it's sold as the GWM Ora (not going with any cats, funky or otherwise), I think partly because Great Wall Motors already has a presence here. It's priced pretty much the same as the base MG4 and BYD Dolphin but was later to market.

One podcast here described its looks as a Chinese take on a French/Italian design which I think is pretty right.

Saw a funky cat yesterday, it did a lot better than expected but it’s BYD who I’m interested in. For the price, the top of the range dolphin looks like the bagging of the century.

Saw a funky cat yesterday, it did a lot better than expected but it’s BYD who I’m interested in. For the price, the top of the range dolphin looks like the bagging of the century.
Not sure I could drive or own a car called funky cat, how did they come up with a name like that.

BYD is really interesting - the Seal gets my attention. Once I've had my XPower 18-24 months I might look at switching to one of those.

As for the Dolphin, no thanks, it looks like someone with a near-fatal brain injury tried to draw a Ford Ecosport from memory alone.

Last edited:
No, thanks, it's a bit to cutesy for me, dare I say more for a women, like the Zoe is. Even if they did an X Power type version, still wouldn't have it over the MG 4. :)

It is so ugly on the inside and also cramped in the back and not much boot space. My husband liked it even less than I did, so it’s a no from us!

For me, the only thing on the list of features that would be nice to have (but not necessary) is the power tailgate.
I had the sunroof in the ZS and don't really miss it.
I had park assist in the Prius, used it a couple of times until the novelty wore off.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back