X Power not liked by James and Kate

If i can paraphrase - “I don’t like the X-Power because it doesn’t achieve the technical efficiency of its stablemates and competitors”.
What ?
You buy an Xpower because its batshit crazy fast for the price, not because you are looking for an efficient vehicle …
Electricity is so much cheaper than petrol, its a kinda moronic argument regardless

I don’t think having peoples opinion like this is a bad thing. Maybe some people identify well with them and think the things that annoy them would annoy themselves too or they agree on the points. or maybe they have already decided these focus on things that wouldn’t bother them. It’s your own mind to make up after all.
I’d rather have a bit of variety of opinion when looking up reviews on something than everyone gushing over it without really giving serious thought to it or glossing over details.
Just my 2c though.

Not getting an X Power now, coz, James and Kate say so. Yeah Right! 🙄
Back to getting one again now, after watching the PlanetAuto review. 🙂 Seriously though what chalk and cheese reviews. If you only watched J&K's review you definitely wouldn't get an X Power, probably the worst review of an XP I've seen. But if you only watched the PlanetAuto's review you'd be beating a path down to MG's door, right now. As Brettus says, nice to have varied opinions and they certainly are varied. Forums like this are a massive help, actual people owning the car on a daily basis not for a day or even a week. 🙂👍

I've watched a lot of their videos and briefly met him at Fully Charged once, but yes it was a bit overly negative and some bits were not quite correct. The speed test said dry conditions and he said it was squirming, but the wipers were going and you could see the road had puddles?!? The beeping and LKA stuff was dramatic too. I've never had the beeping as I did my research and just decided to change the setting to Lane Departure (no emergency). Getting so bored of the LKA stuff, it takes 10 secs to set up the car each time, YES we shouldn't have to fudge about with it, but a lot of these features are doing a great job. I didn't have half of these in my previous Audi E-tron lease and that car retailed at £60k. I've now got ACC, blind spot mirror warnings, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Rear Collision Warning, Door Open Warning and best of all a heated steering wheel. Gonna miss it in the summer!! Plus it goes twice as quick to 60mph and is more efficient.

Back to getting one again now, after watching the PlanetAuto review. 🙂 Seriously though what chalk and cheese reviews. If you only watched J&K's review you definitely wouldn't get an X Power, probably the worst review of an XP I've seen. But if you only watched the PlanetAuto's review you'd be beating a path down to MG's door, right now. As Brettus says, nice to have varied opinions and they certainly are varied. Forums like this are a massive help, actual people owning the car on a daily basis not for a day or even a week. 🙂👍
As they say "you can't please all of the people all of the time, only some of the people, some of the time" or something like that 😅

As they say "you can't please all of the people all of the time, only some of the people, some of the time" or something like that 😅

"You can please some of the people all of the time, or all of the people some of the time, but you'll never please all of the people all of the time."

I always look at it that if you are going to review something, it would be fair to know a little about what you are reviewing.
You can swipe down on the main screen to bring up a menu which includes a button to turn LKA off.
Also if he was bothered to find out a little about the stereo settings, the sound quality can be changed to an amazing quality, I feel it's better than my Harmon Kardon which I had in my BMW🤷‍♂️

I always look at it that if you are going to review something, it would be fair to know a little about what you are reviewing.
You can swipe down on the main screen to bring up a menu which includes a button to turn LKA off.
Also if he was bothered to find out a little about the stereo settings, the sound quality can be changed to an amazing quality, I feel it's better than my Harmon Kardon which I had in my BMW🤷‍♂️
There's no shortcut to LKA on the down swipe page on my xpower

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom