I got these from AliExpress, they set off the red seat stitching quite nicely and the mat for the phone tray keeps the phone from slipping off

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_171336_AliExpress.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_171336_AliExpress.jpg
    723.3 KB · Views: 35
Sorry to hear these points. I love driving mine and find any excuse to get out and I'm not doing launch control every 5 mins and still great to drive. I had front wheels re-balanced as I reported the vibration to my leasing/salary sacrifice company and they booked it in with MG garage. It does seem better and recent 200 mile round-trip was not spoilt. Not had any creaks/rattles. Did have a weird noise that seemed to come from glove box. Turned out it was my sunglasses in their holder (now in a fabric case and they don't rattle anymore!)

Is the steering issue only when using ACC/TJA as I'm not keen on TJA as it's quite twitchy. I only have LKA on middle option (Lane Departure) and get occasional twitch but not the dramatic "it's trying to kill me".
How did you manage on your 200 mile round trip? I have a 190 mile round trip tomorrow (first time long distance) so planning to pop to Tesla Harrogate on my way into our Leeds office as its only 10-15 mile from the office.

I have been using ACC recently to get used to get used to it prior to the trip but even after turning LKA off, the steering wheel still jerks whilst it keeps the car within the lane....any ideas?

How did you manage on your 200 mile round trip? I have a 190 mile round trip tomorrow (first time long distance) so planning to pop to Tesla Harrogate on my way into our Leeds office as its only 10-15 mile from the office.

I have been using ACC recently to get used to get used to it prior to the trip but even after turning LKA off, the steering wheel still jerks whilst it keeps the car within the lane....any ideas?
Have you used the Tesla chargers before? I did a round trip from Bridgwater to Wolverhampton and called in at Merryhill.
I found them great to use.
I did have a Tesla driver try telling me that they wouldn't charge any other car apart from a Tesla...the site was on the app so I wasn't listening to any of it.
I'm sure he ate his words when he came back to his Tesla to find my X Power charging🤣

Was a very easy drive. Left early AM so not much traffic. ACC works well, especially in ECO as less jerky when accelerating back up to speed from slowdown. Not keen on TJA as it feels twitchy but it does seem to work. Weird about your LKA. I always select middle option (Lane Departure) and medium and only get very occasional nudge. Certainly no dramas, just the car doing what it should. Maybe turn the sensitivity down to low as well? You'll find the Tesla SC will work well. Pre-register all the app info and a payment card to speed things up and of course ensure your proposed location is on the list of non-Tesla sites. Good luck

I had a sanctimonious **** in a Model S
tell me " You can't charge here!
Your Chargers are over there!
I thanked him, plugged in, fooked off.
I know this will happen to me at some point! I'd definitely use one again, partly for the price vs other companies and it worked 1st time and started charging promptly. I like Teslas and have driven S3XY models but on salary sacrifice it was over £200 more than Xp and that was without enhanced autopilot. No thanks, I'm happy with my decision.

If you’d LIKE to use it I suggest some dycem non slip mat, works like a charm in mine even when launched.
This cured mine. Ali express app.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £5.51 50% Off | For MG 4 MG4 EV 2022 Car 15W Wireless Charging QI Phone Holder Trim Screen Navigation Base Accessories

I know this will happen to me at some point! I'd definitely use one again, partly for the price vs other companies and it worked 1st time and started charging promptly. I like Teslas and have driven S3XY models but on salary sacrifice it was over £200 more than Xp and that was without enhanced autopilot. No thanks, I'm happy with my decision.
I used to own a Model 3 so was well used to charging at my usual location.
Never saw him before I purchased my MG4XP.
There are 12 Superchargers and I am usually charging on my own.

Plenty of other folk in all manner of makes will usually make eye contact for a quick chinwag.

I think a lot of the Tesla owners are a bit moody seeing a non Tesla on their chargers!

A lot of them are tourists as they always want to know if they need to pay the parking charge.
Yes. That will be another £3 .

Have you used the Tesla chargers before? I did a round trip from Bridgwater to Wolverhampton and called in at Merryhill.
I found them great to use.
I did have a Tesla driver try telling me that they wouldn't charge any other car apart from a Tesla...the site was on the app so I wasn't listening to any of it.
I'm sure he ate his words when he came back to his Tesla to find my X Power charging🤣
Nope not used one yet (tbf, only used Insta-Volt once and all other times are granny charging) - this is the one tesla supercharger site within range north of Leeds that allows non-Tesla cars so worth a shot...especially at 49p compared to MGF 79p at the supercharger site right next to the offices.

Do I need to download the Tesla app to use it?

I'm hoping more Tesla chargers will open to all EVs in the SW, especially Exeter, I would use them all the time, use the subscription.
Me too m8.
I subscribe so my usual cost is 38ppkw.
My local MFG at St Clears is 79ppkw!!

At that rate, I may as well go back to a V8.

Was a very easy drive. Left early AM so not much traffic. ACC works well, especially in ECO as less jerky when accelerating back up to speed from slowdown. Not keen on TJA as it feels twitchy but it does seem to work. Weird about your LKA. I always select middle option (Lane Departure) and medium and only get very occasional nudge. Certainly no dramas, just the car doing what it should. Maybe turn the sensitivity down to low as well? You'll find the Tesla SC will work well. Pre-register all the app info and a payment card to speed things up and of course ensure your proposed location is on the list of non-Tesla sites. Good luck
Thank you - will be leaving around 8am so generally not heaving so planning on ACC in ECO so will see how that goes, but will certainly look to turn down the sensitivity rather than disable it (which didnt turn it off apparantly).

Yes, the Tesla site allows non-Tesla cars so will look to download the app in preparation.

Nope not used one yet (tbf, only used Insta-Volt once and all other times are granny charging) - this is the one tesla supercharger site within range north of Leeds that allows non-Tesla cars so worth a shot...especially at 49p compared to MGF 79p at the supercharger site right next to the offices.

Do I need to download the Tesla app to use it?
Yes and subscribe at £10.99 per month.
(If you want the cheapest ppkw)

Last edited:
Yes, download the Tesla app and add your bank card details etc, then it's just a case of starting the charge in the app...the app will tell you to plug in your cable etc

Awesome thanks - will have a think whether its worth subscribing as dont often go to our Leeds office, though on the rare occassion, it will be twice this week!

Will take some restraint sticking in the left lane with ACC on as I tend to always be in the right lane overtaking when i had my ICE cars :D

Awesome thanks - will have a think whether its worth subscribing as dont often go to our Leeds office, though on the rare occassion, it will be twice this week!

Will take some restraint sticking in the left lane with ACC on as I tend to always be in the right lane overtaking when i had my ICE cars :D
In that case don't. It might not be worth it.
I charge A LOT (because I can't charge at home) so it makes a real difference 👍

Screenshot_20240122_182827_Tesla.jpg

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom