Awesome thanks - will have a think whether its worth subscribing as dont often go to our Leeds office, though on the rare occassion, it will be twice this week!

Will take some restraint sticking in the left lane with ACC on as I tend to always be in the right lane overtaking when i had my ICE cars :D
And I meant to say, I can't stay left.
I just can't.
I've tried.
I can't.

This cured mine. Ali express app.
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! £5.51 50% Off | For MG 4 MG4 EV 2022 Car 15W Wireless Charging QI Phone Holder Trim Screen Navigation Base Accessories
Did not like it as it covers a part of the screen

I got these from AliExpress, they set off the red seat stitching quite nicely and the mat for the phone tray keeps the phone from slipping off
Sadly no blue ones. That's the Trophy color.

Yes and subscribe at £10.99 per month.
Subscription is not needed here.

The subscription thing is interesting and I think in a good way. Someone like me, who might charge at a supercharger once in a blue moon, can't really justify taking one. But I can still charge at the supercharger if I want to, just at the dearer price.

But people like Bricktop who can't charge at home can access charging at much more sensible prices with a subscription like this. It seems fair, and seems to make sense.

I just find some of the price differences mad....when I travel to Leeds tomorrow, it will cost me £10 cheaper to charge at Tesla than it would at a supercharger literally next to my work office.

Disappointingly, my work office should have had 12 7kW chargers connected just after xmas but it has been delayed at the wrong time haha

I just find some of the price differences mad....when I travel to Leeds tomorrow, it will cost me £10 cheaper to charge at Tesla than it would at a supercharger literally next to my work office.

Disappointingly, my work office should have had 12 7kW chargers connected just after xmas but it has been delayed at the wrong time haha
Why is it that UK has 7kW AC chargers? Why not 11kW?

Why is it that UK has 7kW AC chargers? Why not 11kW?
Apparently the 11kw chargers need to be on a 3 phase electricity supply so the vast majority of 7kw chargers will be on 1 phase. My workplace did a site survey and its on 1 phase too, hence the 7kw....still better than granny charging when i am on site for 6 hours or so (when they finally get installed) :)

I can't comment on other brands but across the country there are 7, 11, 22 and 50kw chargers until they start going up into fast chargers, depends where you go to charge

What
It's not "needed" here either.
But it is if you want the cheaper tariff.
The difference here is such that 100kwh covers the subscription. At some Tesla locations the price is almost similar to the cheapest 11kw ac chargers. And many ac chargers are more expensive than Tesla.
The only downside is that it will cost me an additional 30 minutes on my way to work or home.

Have you heard of Co Charger? It's a charger rental system. I have a lady who rents my charger every couple of days and thinks its amazing as she cannot charge at home and has been banned at work🤣.
Check it out you might find some chargers nearby.
All the orange dots are Co Charger hosts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240122_214244.jpg
    Screenshot_20240122_214244.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 37
Interesting initiative to share infrastructure.
However, I think this will fail in NL. What happens is that you are reseller of the power. This power is at least partially delivered to you by the electricity company. And, you resell the power at a profit too. These companies will most likely add a fee to your contract if they find out (and they will).
But the big one is our goverment. We will be treated as commercial parties when reselling stuff. It means vat again, and a mandatory quarterly administration of the vat for the tax office.

Insulting towards others (mild)
Interesting initiative to share infrastructure.
However, I think this will fail in NL. What happens is that you are reseller of the power. This power is at least partially delivered to you by the electricity company. And, you resell the power at a profit too. These companies will most likely add a fee to your contract if they find out (and they will).
But the big one is our goverment. We will be treated as commercial parties when reselling stuff. It means vat again, and a mandatory quarterly administration of the vat for the tax office.
I wasn't talking to you sorry, was just letting Mennox know that he might find a Co Charger, sorry for the confusion but thanks for your opinion that I didn't ask for...I bet you are fun at parties...let just leave it at that, cheers luvver🤣

I wasn't talking to you sorry, was just letting Mennox know that he might find a Co Charger, sorry for the confusion but thanks for your opinion that I didn't ask for...I bet you are fun at parties...let just leave it at that, cheers luvver🤣
I actually did install the app after you mentioned it but only have 1 person 1.5 miles away currently at like 45p per kwH so not worth changing from granny charging yet :)

There were a couple of others 5+ miles either side so doesnt look to be taken up much in my area yet.

Was that Huddersfield,? Its a bit of a weird system, it will always look at your local area until you adjust the mileage in the top left, then it will show you more chargers, I charge 40p/kw which I think is a fair price

I took a look and there are 2 in my town - one is virtually around the corner. :)

But as I have my own wall box then it's no use to me ... but it's an interesting system.

Well I had a successful 190 mile round trip today....averaged 3.3 miles per kWh in ECO and ACC for 80% of journey so used 45% battery each way. Topped up 25% charge at the Tesla supercharger for only £8 so was happy about that :)

Now, having been in ECO for most of the way, I decided to switch it to Normal for the last 10 miles and the car felt so much more responsive...so on my same trip on Thursday, will try it using this mode and ACC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed.
Didn't purchase the MG4XP with efficiency as a consideration.
I mean, I didn't buy my V8s worrying about MPG!

I tend to think of it as a more planet friendly way of getting about very quickly.

Probably just kidding myself TBH.

Legal proceedings already!!!

Blimey, the French don't hang about!!!
Maybe fix the pot holes first.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom