Zappi Charging Overriding the MG4 Schedule

Nope not a DC coupled battery as the Zappi is just another demand on the home side of the network. The inverter won't know its just for the Zappi. An exception to this is any of the setups that are end to end, ie Solaredge inverter and their car charger setup with their DC coupled battery.
The Zappi can't distinguish between the PV and home storage battery on a DC coupled battery inverter setup. It's purely reliant on seeing export to the grid which most inverter setups do by a few watts in normal operation.
You either provide household demand support via the home storage battery which the Zappi might grab hold of or no household support whilst the Zappi is in operation to prevent it 'stealing' the household side battery.
The international standard under type 2 dictates that the minimum charge point delivery is 1.4kw so the MG will charge at 1.4kw.
If you have an AC coupled battery (arguably less efficient) or use Myenergys home storage battery (so all equipment on their ecosystem) you can prevent the home storage battery being discharged into the car.

The myenergy forum is solid reference point for setting stuff up, used it extensively whilst I was optimising my own setup.
A solar hybrid inverter will not know if pwr is delivered to the Zappi or not. AC coupled hybrid solar inverters also have back-up and smart load. In the case the load is limited to the inverter pwr. Any way, the batt reserve can be set and used as desired. Period of use can be set. if the Zappi is connected to the normal home load it can not use up batt pwr exempt if batt use is allowed by the solar hybrid inverter. This makes it posible to use cheap batt or and solar pwr for charging using the inverter settings. The Zappi can not be used in eco + mode in an island solar setup using an in serie connected hybrid solar inverter because in the case pwr can not be injected into the grid.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 514 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back