Zs Cabin constantly steaming up

The last few mornings have been very wet and the ambient temp has dropped a lot !.
Our car sits on the drive and has no protection from the bad weather.
I have found the pre-heat facility on the App for the HVAC to be a real god send to be honest.
If find if I run a health check first ( allowing the App to communicate with the car first ) then request the A/C ( Pre-heat in the cabin ) it works almost every single time, straight off !.
If I request the A/C straight away with out running the heath check, it tends to some times fails with the request.
I find having his feature a huge benefit over the Gen 1 model.
If only one could rely on it 😁

If only one could rely on it 😁
yeah - I think other than the Tesla App, a lot of them can be a bit "hit and miss" to be honest.
Some better than others of course.
Not sure, but only last week I was requested to sign back into my App with my password again.
This has happened about three times now since collecting the car back in March 2022.
I am guessing that they are trying to improve the stability of the App in the back ground maybe ?.
Last time it happened, the electric window status was totally removed due, to inconsistent reports it was giving out.
Time will tell I guess ?? 🤷‍♂️.

I have noticed in auto mode on the HVAC regardless if you’re in sport, normal or eco, no air is directed to the windscreen even though the infographic on the centre display shows that it does, i have had my car since the middle of summer and no matter if it’s red hot outside or now it’s starting get cooler on a morning, air still doesn’t come out of the front air vent, if I select the front air vent, air does come out but not in auto mode. I think it’s a bug/incorrectly programmed with the AC software and needs looking at.

Have you tried all 3 auto modes?
Yeah I’ve tried strong, standard and comfort and it’s still the same, not sure if it’s just my car or if it’s the same on other peoples, I just know in auto mode no air comes out the front air vent regardless of ambient temperature

Make sure that the air is coming from outside and not recirculated.

First cold morning with new Gen2 my windscreen was fully misted up when I got in the car.

Changed to the air coming from outside and not had the same issue since.

Have it set to recirculate only moves the moist air around the cabin.

Give it a go
Hello, would you mind saying which buttons to push?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom