ZS EV Alternatives

Definitely and still has a 7 year warranty the strange thing is in the US its a 10 year unlimited mileage warranty from the Korean companies

Screenshot_20220526_210312.jpg

600K-Mile Kia Sorento Driver Milks 10-Year Warranty for 9 Engines

7 years is okay 10 would be better. I indent to get a new car in 7 years once my car loan is paid off. I can't even imagine how much progress we will do in 7 years. Expect budget cars to be where current top range cars are in terms of range and speed of charging

7 years is okay 10 would be better. I indent to get a new car in 7 years once my car loan is paid off. I can't even imagine how much progress we will do in 7 years. Expect budget cars to be where current top range cars are in terms of range and speed of charging
4 years ago, Honda R&D started collaborating with Caltech on a flouride ion battery. If they can scale that up to an affordable industrial scale, cars would be able to go 1,000 miles on a single charge. So, in 7 years time, who knows.

You're welcome, hope it helps.

To be honest based on my interaction with Kia, wanting to buy one of the e-Niro's - they were horrific and put me off, so not convinced on customer service.

Their launch event (I went to the first one in the country) was laughable, didn't have the pricing available (yet Kia released it about noon the same day and it pinged up on my phone) - the sales guy was hopeless, stated he didn't have any information on contributions or finance deals (with the attachment I posted in the email, stating both options)

Started the evening with a 'take my money' attitude and a few days later I'd completely given up trying... followed by ordering the MG ZS lol
Just wondered if you're sticking with your ZS order, or had heard anything from Kia since the launch event even though you didn't initially have a great experience with them?

Sticking with the ZS order, heard nothing from Kia.

Although the MG dealer never replied to me when I ask for updates, I know it's going to be a wait but they said at time of deposit they should have a confirmed date fairly soon (although I've read the shipping thread, sounds like 2023 may be lucky at this rate !!)

I went down to our local recycling centre last week in the ZS EV loaded up with junk out of the shed, I was almost mobbed by people who were queuing up to unload into the skips looking at it, asking questions about it & sitting in it. I told them about this forum to find out a lot more about these MG electric cars. (y):)
I always find this type of story strange. I mean, the ZS basically looks like last generations' qashqai...it's bland

Here in Costa Rica, a nice ZS EV alternative could be the Maxus Euniq 6: bigger SUV with a 70 kWh pack and 350 km of range (WLTP), the price difference between the Maxus and the facelift ZS EV (edit: SR model) is $1K USD.

View attachment 8435
That looks a proper car. Functional and not flashy. Perfect for dogs I'd think.

The prices for the revised Kia e-niro (or now just Niro) have been released today.

Personally I would say that the Niro is the most comparable to the ZS EV LR in terms of price bracket, size of interior & luggage space & charging speeds.

The SE rough equivalent starts at £34,995.

The Trophy rough equivalent at £37,745.
I've heard the Hyundai Kona is better for boot space.

Just spoke to Gridserve leasing as they were competitive for the ZS. They’ve got Kia Niro LR EV coming through next month. On the same terms, it’s £6k more over 3y than the ZS…. If it were +£2-3k I would have taken it…

Did I read it correctly somewhere that all full EV Kia Niros and Souls are LR now as they've dropped the smaller battery option ?

I've heard the Hyundai Kona is better for boot space.
It’s not, the Kona is Kia Soul size so somewhat smaller, we test drove one and were very disappointed with the size, drove lovely but I couldn’t fit in the back with the drivers seat in my position which is a big no for us as our daughters are tall.

For anyone considering the Niro as an alternative, a look at the car with Miles:

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom