Zs ev Drivers seat splits

I think interior pieces are only covered for 12 months under the warranty... Leather is always prone to splitting/cracking if not "fed" and looked after properly.
how do you feed plastic seats lol

I bought some of the faux leather protector from Dunelms that you wrote about.
I tried it out on my dining room chairs, and I must admit that they look much better for the treatment.
Thank you - I didn’t realise such a product existed, but I shan’t hesitate to use it on my car seats. Eventually!

I bought some of the faux leather protector from Dunelms that you wrote about.
I tried it out on my dining room chairs, and I must admit that they look much better for the treatment.
Thank you - I didn’t realise such a product existed, but I shan’t hesitate to use it on my car seats. Eventually!
You are very welcome :)

Mine splitting on drivers seat less than 12 months and 10,000 on the clock. MG say wear and tear
Seat fabric has a 12 month warranty. In limiting the warranty to 12 months (as an exclusion to the 7 year warranty) MG are setting the period they consider that normal wear & tear should not damage the fabric, so it cannot reasonably be excluded within the 12 months. I would argue this point very strongly with MG.

Obviously, if you have caused the split by catching the material with a sharp object, for example, that would be user damage which is of course not covered.

I think you will find that interior trim items are only covered under warranty for 12 months by many of the manufacturers.
It has been this way for a long time now.

Mine splitting on drivers seat less than 12 months and 10,000 on the clock. MG say wear and tear. The cover was pleather on the Trophy Connect LR and not damaged by accident etc. Last car was a Ford Kuga and 5 years seats were still perfect.

Attachments

• MG ZS EV Front Seat Cover.jpg
    MG ZS EV Front Seat Cover.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 50
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom