ZS EV fuel efficiency

Is it possible that you use more energy raising the temperature by 10 degrees with resistance heating than cooling by 10 degrees with the A/C?
The impact on range does seem to be less with AC on apposed to heating.

Hi Guys,
Went to a MG dealership today. Not yesterday as I originally planned.
Problems seem solved.
Seems my tachometer system was malfunctioning hence low cumulative miles per kWh. Not sure why?
They claim to have done a system reset and now it seems the current and cumulative were showing same reading today. For the 12mile journey back from dealership efficiency was 4..1miles per kWh with air conditioning.
Concerning delayed Charging.....
It seems the Chorley Group Team are far knowledgeable about the ZS EV than most dealerships. I went to a MG dealership nearer me as Chorley Group is far. The tech man at this dealership kept saying there is nothing like delayed Charging but people kept coming to ask about it and also he did not know which update will effect the delayed Charging. I had to explain that MG produced the cars without delayed Charging but immediately produced the necessary software when there was a customer outcry.
He was unaware of this so he said he will have to speak to MG. I spoke to Chorley Group who then explained that it is the BMS software updates that were required.
Next came the issue that although they now understood what needs doing they will not do it because MG may not pay them for it as ????? My car is not on their updates list. Apparently MG have a list of all our cars and which updates the cars have undergone or some form of system which tells them which car is entitled for an update. I found this all very strange!!!!!!
Well.....At this point I was now becoming upset so the tech asked the general manager to speak to MG. Another 30mins of phone calls later they came back saying they knew exactly what was needed and how to do it and will be doing it for free.
So delayed Charging hopefully sorted. Will test it tomorrow.
So I am a bit happier now.
Well because of social distancing and the to and fro with phone calls at the onset, I was not able to speak more about updates in general and whether we will have to pay for them.

Thank you KasEV for all this valuable info. It is interesting to note the different knowledge base of various MG dealerships. I initially went to my local MG dealer which are a Mitsubishi main dealer with MG tacked on but then found they had given up the MG side due to poor sales. This forced me to a dealer 22 miles away who are an Hyundai dealership so I’m hoping they will have a greater knowledge of EVs if any problems arise.

got mine up to 4.5 the other day, with some mixed driving and trying to be economical.

Hello EVfriends!

I’m picking up my brand new ZS EV next week, so I would like to know if you could tell me about the estimated fuel efficiency when the outside temperature is 80-85 F (25-30 C approx.) Thanks!

Hello EVfriends!

I’m picking up my brand new ZS EV next week, so I would like to know if you could tell me about the estimated fuel efficiency when the outside temperature is 80-85 F (25-30 C approx.) Thanks!
To be honest there is no real answer as it’s very much driver dependent on your speed and whether you have a heavy foot or not. The quoted range on a run is 163 miles, but if you drive economically you can go further..around town I easily can get the 200+ range per charge.

Hello EVfriends!

Below is MG's own data.
I will recommend you source information from MG as well as seeking opinion from forums. In my opinion the information from MG is actually very good.
Apparently by consensus manufacturers are required to give a realistic values so far as efficiency is concerned hence the combined calculation.
You will therefore find that the efficiency of 3.3 miles for every kWh is easily achieved in normal mode and can be bettered in eco mode once one gets used to the one pedal driving required for EV driving.

Screenshot_20200910_172319_com.android.chrome.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom