ZS EV Mk1 Satnav- show charging stations

Kayged

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have had my ZS EV Exclusive for around 8 months now and wondered if anyone can get the Satnav to show charging stations on route? I have seen a few posts showing screenshots of Satnavs with the charge points on them but I never bothered to look to see if the thread was about the ZS as I had no need for the Satnav.

I am now getting more familiar with the menus and have decided to explore the Satnav more. There are options to add different types of charge points to be displayed on route but none of them equate to any plug connectors that I have ever heard of and there is definitely no mention of Type 2 or CCS.

I was just wondering if anyone out there could shed any light on this subject. Thanks in advance.

I've seen chargers on the Mk1 ZS EV maps, but I mainly use google maps via Android Auto so don't know much about them on the inbuilt one. I vaguely remember an option to show them, but couldn't tell you where it was!, Sorry not much help really! :(

Mike Proctor did a video on that on YouTube.

That is possibly the video I remember seeing but my ZS EV does not have either of the Type 2 (Mennekes) charger options that he selects, available on my system. Perhaps I should copy the link for the video and take it to my dealership and see if my satnav needs updating. Thanks for the info.

good luck with updating, It never worked on mine!
I've updated mine 3 times now with no problems.
As long as you keep the car in ready mode and don't panic and/or turn the car off when the screen goes blank for a few minutes, it should be ok.

I've updated mine 3 times now with no problems.
As long as you keep the car in ready mode and don't panic and/or turn the car off when the screen goes blank for a few minutes, it should be ok.
did that, it just bombs out before it finishes (or it did last time I tried it) don't bother with the satnav anyway as Google Maps is miles better.

did that, it just bombs out before it finishes (or it did last time I tried it) don't bother with the satnav anyway as Google Maps is miles better.
What do you mean by "bombs out" ?
It does go blank for a while after it's finished downloading the update, but if you wait, the nav restarts.
FWIW It may go blank before the file download says 100%

What do you mean by "bombs out" ?
It does go blank for a while after it's finished downloading the update, but if you wait, the nav restarts.
FWIW It may go blank before the file download says 100%
I can't remember exactly, as it was probably a year ago when I last tried to do it! But it gives an error then I think it just returns to the main menu

I can't remember exactly, as it was probably a year ago when I last tried to do it! But it gives an error then I think it just returns to the main menu
Have you had the dealer update to the infotainment system since ?
It may be worth another try if so ?

Have you had the dealer update to the infotainment system since ?
It may be worth another try if so ?
yep its had all the updates apart from the latest infotainment screen one, which it'll be getting next week when the car goes in for its 2nd year service. I'm not bothered about updating the satnav anyway as I never use it.

Just spent around 10 minutes, watching the how to video on the navieextras website AND updating my car! I now have Type 2 and CCS chargers on my satnav plus the latest maps! Wish I had bothered to ask about the satnav earlier. I was not expecting it to happen so quick. It only took a few seconds for the satnav to reset after installing the update.
Thanks for everybody's input in resolving my issue.
On another note, we ordered the Trophy in white for my wife the other day, hoping for delivery by April. Could not see the point of getting the connect as we cannot think of any time we would use apple car play (don't have iPhones anymore) and when we tried out android auto on my current ZS it really annoyed us. Probably too old to adapt lol. We will be keeping my Mk1 ZS EV until we get to the stage where we are happy with just the one car.

Just spent around 10 minutes, watching the how to video on the navieextras website AND updating my car! I now have Type 2 and CCS chargers on my satnav plus the latest maps! Wish I had bothered to ask about the satnav earlier. I was not expecting it to happen so quick. It only took a few seconds for the satnav to reset after installing the update.
Thanks for everybody's input in resolving my issue.
On another note, we ordered the Trophy in white for my wife the other day, hoping for delivery by April. Could not see the point of getting the connect as we cannot think of any time we would use apple car play (don't have iPhones anymore) and when we tried out android auto on my current ZS it really annoyed us. Probably too old to adapt lol. We will be keeping my Mk1 ZS EV until we get to the stage where we are happy with just the one car.
Result :) (y)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom