ZS EV price increase?

Just to wind everyone up....FOTA....taken from MG Europe website!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-27-21-38-59-111_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-27-21-38-59-111_com.android.chrome.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 108
I think the dealers were not really clear on what features were on what models. For example I was told the full voice control was on all features but later confirmed it was just connect.
That's fine but it still shows WiFi all models on the website and advertising material

Dealer had no answer for me, I showed him the brochure and he was like yeah, it's in there alright but we couldn't find it on the car... I put it down to lost in translation between Chinese and english

It's frustrating if I was told the truth I would have got my wife the connect but I was told all models have wifi and Connect models was just amazon, traffic, weather and voice control
I ordered the connect pretty much to get Amazon music (we have the full music service subscription, though not the family one with up to 6 account's) v the non connect. Tbh though if the SE had have had roof bars I would have just gone with that.

I ordered the connect pretty much to get Amazon music (we have the full music service subscription, though not the family one with up to 6 account's) v the non connect. Tbh though if the SE had have had roof bars I would have just gone with that.
So you paid 500 pounds for the amazon music app? do you not have a phone with android auto or apple carplay because amazon music is a standard app that works on that... would have saved you 500 quid there

They've finally updated the MG website so now it's 'official' all mention of the panoramic roof gone, and it's just SE/Trophy trims at the prices noted below.
An update to the above pricing as well as spec changes, from today's podcast.

From the 1st July, pricing & model line-up for the ZS EV will be as follows:

SE SR: £250 increase to £29,495
Trophy SR: £500 increase to £31,995
Trophy Connect SR: Model deleted

SE LR: £500 increase to £31,995
Trophy LR: £500 increase to £34,495
Trophy Connect LR: Model deleted

Live services such as weather, traffic updates & Amazon Music will be included in the Trophy trim.

Trophy models will no longer come with the panoramic sky roof, and will this will also not be available as an option. This will also affect HS petrol & HS Phev.
I'm not spotting anything extra added other than the Trophy now including rear privacy glass, but please fell free to correct me if I've missed something.

Perhaps less confusing if I list it this way(?):

From the 1st July, pricing & model line-up for the ZS EV is as follows:

SE SR: £29,495
Trophy SR: £31,995 (Loses pan roof but adds Connect services & rear privacy glass vs prior spec)

SE LR: £31,995
Trophy LR: £34,495 (Loses pan roof but adds Connect services & rear privacy glass vs prior spec)

There still show all models with wifi🤔
View attachment 9439
To be honest with you, I'm lost on a few things. I recall the Connect (which should be iSmart, not iSmart Lite) included OTA/firmware updates. I took that to mean for the infotainment unit & navigation, but I'm seeing people jump hoops here to do theirs manually??

No Wifi on my Trophy. On the Connect the option is available when you swipe down on the infotainment screen, but option is missing on Trophy model.
But is that feature actually "worth anything"

If it's true the car only has a 1GB a month dataplan, i know that in my car, the raskals in the back seat would suck that dataplan dry in less than an hour if i enabled it for them.

They tend to use their own dataplan on their phones, or use my dataplan, i have 30 Gbyte / month.

To be honest with you, I'm lost on a few things. I recall the Connect (which should be iSmart, not iSmart Lite) included OTA/firmware updates. I took that to mean for the infotainment unit & navigation, but I'm seeing people jump hoops here to do theirs manually??
I don't think it was ever their intention to have the satnav maps done OTA.

The dataplan is not very good, and even though they would be able to negotiate a deal, where satnav data did not count towards the dataplan cap, they would still have to pay extra.

They could have made it so that if you connected to the house wifi, it would be able to do map upgrades, but to be honest, i dont feel this is a massive problem. Now the procedure for doing the update is known, and i for one don't mind having to feed the car a USB thumbdrive and having it do the update that way. I am just happy, they actually HAVE map updates, i have seen more than a few automakers abandon their satnav, almost before they sold the last car with that satnav inside.

I am a bit miffed about the lack of OTA updates, there are a lot of strange words and spelling errors when selecting "Danish" and i would also love to have the satnav firmware updated to support danish, the english pronunciation of Danish street names is quite hilarious

Was thinking of making a list of stuff i found that should be corrected, but honestly, as long as they have made 0 OTA updates, i feel i can not be bothered to send them anything, if they are not actively correcting errors and whatnot.

They've finally updated the MG website so now it's 'official' all mention of the panoramic roof gone, and it's just SE/Trophy trims at the prices noted below.

I'm not spotting anything extra added other than the Trophy now including rear privacy glass, but please fell free to correct me if I've missed something.
Just to wind everyone up a little more...The Danish site still mentions that the "luxury" variant gets a panoramic sunroof.

So they probably just went out of stock on right hand drive panoramic sunroof's ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom