ZS EV Trophy Connect - Maintain vehicle soon - warning light

That is great to hear and I hope its all sorted now.
Question 🙋‍♂️ :- What the hell is "Comfort Check" when it's at home ?.
How does this fit in with a "Maintain Vehicle Soon" warning, that sounds very much like a service interval request ??.
I wonder if it's new speak for "Heath Check" ?.
These can be called on other by other makes and models ( VAGroup ) at similar times to the service call intervals, but can be independently set / re-rest.
This happened to me on two occasions, when submitted my ( VAG ) model for it's regular service, then about a week latter, I received another request for a service !.
The dealer had reset the service indicator schedule but not the health check schedule and the light came back on again !.
If this was the case, that may explain why it keeps appearing, because it has never been reset ???.
What is the reported date in the info unit, for next ( first ) service date ?.
Does it align with your original collection date, or 12 months from now ?.
Soooooo, Just came back from, not so sunny Wales, You guessed it, on the way back "Maintain Vehicle Soon" popped up. Been in the garage, and they have reset the service interval...... AGAIN, I expect it to come back in about 600 miles. They have reported it up to MG.

I'd like to know who this is happening to, if you would be so kind enough to let me know. Mine is a ZS LR Trophy Connect, delivered 1st Sept '22.

It looks like it's just the connect models
That is a good point !.
Is it just the connect models that are affected by this issue I wonder ?.
We have the Trophy 🏆 LR that we collected in March 2022 and we have covered over 6,000 miles.
To-date, I have not received the service reminder warning on our car ??.

Soooooo, Just came back from, not so sunny Wales, You guessed it, on the way back "Maintain Vehicle Soon" popped up. Been in the garage, and they have reset the service interval...... AGAIN, I expect it to come back in about 600 miles. They have reported it up to MG.

I'd like to know who this is happening to, if you would be so kind enough to let me know. Mine is a ZS LR Trophy Connect, delivered 1st Sept '22.
Mine is a ZS LR Trophy Connect, delivered 22nd October 22. done 723 miles came on yesterday. not reset or reported to garage yet.

Mine's a long range TC built date May and took delivery Aug, warning light came on 4 times in 2500 miles. Haven't reported as posts to date suggest not a straight forward, definitive solution yet. Easy to reset yourself so will wait until 1st service unless car needs to be garaged for other reasons. I'm looking myself at possible connection with the 2019 greeting, I have a feeling this could be connected with not waiting long enough for ready to confirm when switching on and driving/selecting other feature to early. I can get a 2019 greeting on outbound journey and 2022(correct) on return or vica versa.

Mine's a long range TC built date May and took delivery Aug, warning light came on 4 times in 2500 miles. Haven't reported as posts to date suggest not a straight forward, definitive solution yet. Easy to reset yourself so will wait until 1st service unless car needs to be garaged for other reasons. I'm looking myself at possible connection with the 2019 greeting, I have a feeling this could be connected with not waiting long enough for ready to confirm when switching on and driving/selecting other feature to early. I can get a 2019 greeting on outbound journey and 2022(correct) on return or vica versa.
Yes, still getting both messages, sometimes it can not say a date at all, sometimes can take 10 minutes.

I DO think you should report the problems however, the more reports they get the sooner they get a fix. You don't need to actually take it in.

I have a routine now. I get in push the start button then put my seatbelt on by the time I’ve done that the ready button is green

The warning triangle popped for me in Thursday when - surprise surprise - done about 670 miles. Guessing it's 1000kms and it's the first time it's noticed. Does the petrol version need an early quick check service?

Now I'm reassured there's nothing actually wrong, I'll give the reset a whirl.

Ps... been a lurker in the forum since I took delivery 4 weeks ago, and it's been brilliant as a resource to clarify various queries - far easier than to understand than the manual!

I think it should normally read 14v, An ICE car's 12v battery shows between 14 and 14.3 volts when it's charging.

It would be nice if someone with a working car could tell us what their battery shows when their car is 'running'
When I first turn the car on the low tension battery shows 14.1v if nothing is turned on; but if 'auto lights' has turned on the headlights it shows 13.8v, until I turn them off and the battery reverts to 14.1.

That is very interesting, thanks for posting !.
Looks like the car had not been aligned to the correct date and time, but has now finally caught up.
Done via over the air updates maybe ???.
This should have been re- aligned as part of the PDI service surely ?.
Hi mine connect changes her mind one day it’s 2019 the next it’s up to date,,….

Hi, picked up my trophy connect on Sep 3rd and after about 600 the maintain vehicle warning came on. Reset it in settings, but it came back again after another 600 miles. Booked it into garage last Friday and I told them that they may have to do a software update. When I picked car up, they said they have managed to sort out the issue. We shall see in another 600 miles. Hers hoping.

Hi, picked up my trophy connect on Sep 3rd and after about 600 the maintain vehicle warning came on. Reset it in settings, but it came back again after another 600 miles. Booked it into garage last Friday and I told them that they may have to do a software update. When I picked car up, they said they have managed to sort out the issue. We shall see in another 600 miles. Hers hoping.
It's a Gen 2 ZS EV of course, but I am curious to know what model you have Jack ?.
Odd one this, would it be a Trophy or a trophy Connect by any chance ?.

Hi, As I mentioned in the 1st line a trophy connect.
Regards Chris
Sorry Chris, I missed that (y).
I asked the question, because this premature issue of the "maintain vehicle soon" reminder, only appears to affect certain cars ?.
Is it just the Trophy Connect model I wonder 🤷‍♂️.
They are also affected by the incorrect 2019 date message being reported also, could there be a link to both of these problems I wonder ?.
We have a Gen 2 Trophy LR that we collected in mid March 2022.
It has now covered over 6,000 miles and to date, it has never given out the "maintain vehicle soon" message yet ?.
If I go into the head unit and check the service schedule section, I can clearly see it counting down towards a preset number of days remaining, plus a preset target mileage figure, targeted for the first service, which is due in late Feb - early March 2023.
Also, in the top right hand corner of the front windscreen, is sticker placed there by the dealer. A visual reminder of when that first service is due.
This matches closely to the info in the head unit, which implies that the dealer has programmed this info into the car, at the time of the PDI - I suspect ?.

Sorry Chris, I missed that (y).
I asked the question, because this premature issue of the "maintain vehicle soon" reminder, only appears to affect certain cars ?.
Is it just the Trophy Connect model I wonder 🤷‍♂️.
They are also affected by the incorrect 2019 date message being reported also, could there be a link to both of these problems I wonder ?.
We have a Gen 2 Trophy LR that we collected in mid March 2022.
It has now covered over 6,000 miles and to date, it has never given out the "maintain vehicle soon" message yet ?.
If I go into the head unit and check the service schedule section, I can clearly see it counting down towards a preset number of days remaining, plus a preset target mileage figure, targeted for the first service, which is due in late Feb - early March 2023.
Also, in the top right hand corner of the front windscreen, is sticker placed there by the dealer. A visual reminder of when that first service is due.
This matches closely to the info in the head unit, which implies that the dealer has programmed this info into the car, at the time of the PDI - I suspect ?.
This morning, on start up, the 2019 message came on, even after the dealer MG garage visit last Friday. On the first warning at 600 miles ish. When I did the reset, the countdown reverted back to 15000. Looking at a few of the replies on this thread, it does seen to happen to Trophy connects.

Got my TCLR on 1st October (built July 2022) done 620 miles & you’ve guess it “Maintain Vehicle Soon” just popped up today.

Will be reporting it to dealer tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi

My Long Range Luxury Connect also have the warning again.
Car have driven 2200 km and I reset first time at around 1200 km, so seems to occour after 1000 KM.

Will contact the dealer tomorrow.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom