ZS EV Trophy Connect - Maintain vehicle soon - warning light

This morning, on start up, the 2019 message came on, even after the dealer MG garage visit last Friday. On the first warning at 600 miles ish. When I did the reset, the countdown reverted back to 15000. Looking at a few of the replies on this thread, it does seen to happen to Trophy connects.
Yeah - It is looking more like a problem just on the Trophy Connect models only then ?.
Connected via Wi-Fi network via a SIM.
Is this incorrectly affecting this incorrect date / year / service date reminder ??.
It could explain why the standard Trophy model, is not affected by these issues I guess ?.

So mine too has come up and it is around 600 miles aswell. LRTC collected end of September. Is there really no fix for this even from the dealer yet?

I am certain that the issue is linked to the car’s 4g signal. Whenever I go to the in laws which have very poor reception, the error showed up on start. Reset it (and the milage) and starting the car at home it doesn’t show.

It’s a minor inconvenience but will see if dealers have a solution for it.

I am certain that the issue is linked to the car’s 4g signal.
I have had a very similar thought process for a good while now.
It would go some way into explaining why this problem only appears to be affecting the "Connect" models.
I can't remember any Trophy ( none connect ) owners complaining of this regular service reminder popping up every 600 miles or so ?.
If I go into the settings in the info unit and drill down to the menu that covers the service schedule, I can see the car counting down by number of days and miles, before the next service is due.
These figures pretty much matches the date / miles reminder, that is written on a sticker that has been placed in the top right hand corner of the front windscreen.
It has been placed there by the Chorley lads at the time of the PDI checks, I would imagine.
So, this would suggest that they have manually set the service reminder themselves and placed the reminder sticker on the windscreen.
As the car is a non - connect model, it has no means of conflicting with manual set up and therefore does not receive any of the 600 mileage service reminders ?.
I have no evidence of this being the case of course, but it does appear a bit strange that it only appears to affects connect models ?.
Our Trophy LR is almost 8 months old now and covered 6,000 miles and we have never seen the service reminder as of yet.

Last edited:
My TCLR has the same warning but got used to re-setting every 600miles or so. An update would be nice but only as long as they don’t mess up something else In the process.

As said before - it very much looks like a Trophy 🏆 connect issue only.
I'm sure it's been said before, but I reckon the problem doesn't happen (atleast the wrong time part) when parked outside the house and getting wifi, however when away from home we start in 2019, which I'm sure has something to do with the service issue.

Spoke to Luscombs MG in Leeds the other day and they seem to be aware of the problem already. They told me to book it in for an update which is happening on Thursday - I really hope they're not wasting my time as it's an hour round journey to them from mine...

Spoke to Luscombs MG in Leeds the other day and they seem to be aware of the problem already. They told me to book it in for an update which is happening on Thursday - I really hope they're not wasting my time as it's an hour round journey to them from mine...
Let us know how you get on, we got ours from Luscombes about 1 month ago, unfortunately that still shows the issue, maybe they should have a day in York, updating ZS EVs

Let us know how you get on, we got ours from Luscombes about 1 month ago, unfortunately that still shows the issue, maybe they should have a day in York, updating ZS EVs
Will do - I think I'm going to give them a buzz to double check that they can actually sort it out before I traipse over there pointlessly...

It is a bug on the Trophy Connect models.
MG UK do know about it but are not bothered about writing some code to correct it!
Keeps you in touch with your dealer I suppose?!

How did it go?
My MG dealer are saying MG haven’t sent them an update…?
I went over to Luscombes yesterday and apparently they fixed it but I guess I'll only know in around 700 miles time :ROFLMAO:.

I've got to say I was slightly disappointed with the service that I got from Luscombes this time - it felt to me that because it was a warranty issue, they really weren't interested - in fact to such a point that one guy told me over the phone to go to York MG (which I may now consider for all servicing etc - thanks for the tip mate!).

I understand that it's not a priority but if I bought the car from Luscombes and have a service plan with them, I want them to deal with it (plus the fact that Minstergate MG in York didn't have much of a write up when I last looked on here). Surely they should see it as a way of promoting one of their brands, trying to cross-sell tow bars, tinting, dash cams etc, etc but I felt like they expected me to be grateful for having to get a brand new car fixed after just over a month of owning it (plus a two hour drive and two hour wait).

I'll check out Minstergate MGs reviews and I might just go there instead...

I went over to Luscombes yesterday and apparently they fixed it but I guess I'll only know in around 700 miles time :ROFLMAO:.

I've got to say I was slightly disappointed with the service that I got from Luscombes this time - it felt to me that because it was a warranty issue, they really weren't interested - in fact to such a point that one guy told me over the phone to go to York MG (which I may now consider for all servicing etc - thanks for the tip mate!).

I understand that it's not a priority but if I bought the car from Luscombes and have a service plan with them, I want them to deal with it (plus the fact that Minstergate MG in York didn't have much of a write up when I last looked on here). Surely they should see it as a way of promoting one of their brands, trying to cross-sell tow bars, tinting, dash cams etc, etc but I felt like they expected me to be grateful for having to get a brand new car fixed after just over a month of owning it (plus a two hour drive and two hour wait).

Has it stopped telling you it's 2019?? My guess is if you fix one, it fixes both.

That’s poor that !.
Indicating another dealer for the warranty work, sends out the wrong message to me.
No money passing hands on the day see !.
If you asked them to service your car and take a couple of hundred quid from you, it would be a different story alright.
If possible, I have my service and an updates done at the same time, for this very reason.
If they are not willing to carry out the warranty issues, they are not getting the service payment either.
This is why I prefer the “Pay On The Day” option.

I have a MG ZS Trophy Connect which I took delivery of in December.
This is a major problem on this car and mine has been back to the dealership FIVE times to try and sort this out. They have changed the loom apparently three times. Whilst the dealership have been as helpful as they can, MG protocol is that the dealship feeds back to HQ and then HQ instruct them what they need to do. I have lost patience now and insist that my car is taken up to HQ to sort there. MG Customer Service is not being helpful at all and saying it needs to be fixed again at the dealership!!!. Also they keep insisting that this problem hasn't been reported before!!
I have also this exact problem for months, have you any update since your last message?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom