• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

ZS EV Trophy Connect - Maintain vehicle soon - warning light

They should have been reset as part of the PDI before the car was offered for collection.
The cars have been sitting around for a long time, eating away at the time period for the service schedule is my guess.
It appears to be mileage related. I doubt it’s been sat there for a year, however, what if it’s connected to the 2019 year announcement 😁

I've had the new ZS Trophy Connect for 12 days now, Wednesday I had a Warning light come up. Says "Maintain vehicle soon". Yellow triangle and exclamation mark stuck on corner of dash and full text warning on start up each time. I've done 900 miles so far.

Talking to 2 dealerships (one local and one where I bought it) they say it just needs to be brought in and turned off as it's some how thinking it needs a service when it shouldn't for a further 14k miles or so.

With the cars being new to the dealerships , they were keen to understand what it was and help for the future reference.

I'll keep you posted on what happens and if it is anything more than a simple warning error.

Anyone else had a similar warning?
Hi I have had exactly the same on my trophy having covered 800 miles,waiting for the dealer to get back to me

processed-5fb92f74-dc12-44a6-b814-b75e2bbe8b05_gEElUiVe.jpeg

We now have the same issue with ours after 1100 kms. Interestingly, the service schedule is showing not due for another 29,000 kms. Time to wait three weeks for the dealer to respond to us now ..... Oh goody.

View attachment 7986
We now have the same issue with ours after 1100 kms. Interestingly, the service schedule is showing not due for another 29,000 kms. Time to wait three weeks for the dealer to respond to us now ..... Oh goody.
You can ( if you want ) reset the service schedule in the head unit yourself !.
Mine must have been reset by the dealer, because there is service schedule sticker on the inside of the front windscreen ( drivers side ) it is dated for March 23 or 15,000 miles which ever arrives first !.
I have confined these settings in the head unit for myself.
I found the settings, by playing around in the head unit while waiting to pick up my grand children from school.

My 2022 MG ZS Ev gave this service soon error when it was 750 km. I reset it myself from the vehicle bar on touch screen. Now the car came to 2200 km and I have the same thing service soon.? I dont want to bring it service. Normally I was told i will have service every year or 20.000 km. What is wrong?

Same thing happened today after 1000km. Will contact mg tomorrow. Unfortunatly torque pro is not working with this car

You can ( if you want ) reset the service schedule in the head unit yourself !
Resetting the service schedule has nothing to do with the 'Maintain Vehicle Soon' error - this requires dealer reset to clear (as confirmed by our dealer who has finally contacted us after 2 weeks!) and possibly a firmware upgrade as well as it is now a 'known fault' by MG (they are still confirming that part).

As you can see, the 'resettable by owner' part in the head unit is actually reading correctly the number of kilometers until the service is required and that the car is, actually, just fine.

Screenshot 2022-04-26 at 09.20.27.png

My hunch is that it is distance and time dependant, as, although our car was 'new' and first registered on 1st April 2022, it was manufactured around 10 months previously, so the maintenance light could be triggered by elapsed time rather than driven distance, however, if this is correct, one would assume that this should have been checked by the dealer and reset as part of the PDI so was likely missed.

Last edited:
My hunch is that it is distance and time dependant, as, although our car was 'new' and first registered on 1st April 2022, it was manufactured around 10 months previously, so the maintenance light could be triggered by elapsed time rather than driven distance.
Good point (y)

My hunch is that it is distance and time dependant, as, although our car was 'new' and first registered on 1st April 2022, it was manufactured around 10 months previously, so the maintenance light could be triggered by elapsed time rather than driven distance, however, if this is correct, one would assume that this should have been checked by the dealer and reset as part of the PDI so was likely missed.
I totally agree !.
The service indicator on a lot of cars are determined by either time ( usually 10 - 12 months ) or mileage ( usually 10,000 - 12,000 miles ) OR which ever comes first.
From past experience on VAG models, the service indicator will light at almost bang on 10 months.
I am just puzzled why the MG head unit displays the facility to reset the next service with regards to mileage, but not the future date in time ?.
What is the point.
It sounds like they "Lock Out" the time function correction for the owner, so why have it ?.
If it now needs dealer intervention to reset "Maintenance Light" on a pro-rater basis, then why the hell did they not reset it at the time of the PDI checks !.
Can this not be done by OTA update ?.
If this can not active this simple task, what the hell CAN it do.
This function needs adding to the PDI sheet ASAP.

I totally agree !.
The service indicator on a lot of cars are determined by either time ( usually 10 - 12 months ) or mileage ( usually 10,000 - 12,000 miles ) OR which ever comes first.
From past experience on VAG models, the service indicator will light at almost bang on 10 months.
I am just puzzled why the MG head unit displays the facility to reset the next service with regards to mileage, but not the future date in time ?.
What is the point.
It sounds like they "Lock Out" the time function correction for the owner, so why have it ?.
If it now needs dealer intervention to reset "Maintenance Light" on a pro-rater basis, then why the hell did they not reset it at the time of the PDI checks !.
Can this not be done by OTA update ?.
If this can not active this simple task, what the hell CAN it do.
This function needs adding to the PDI sheet ASAP.
Considering our car was handed over with a scratched driver's seat which the dealer 'didn't notice' but was the first thing we saw when we opened the door, and it looked like it had been washed with a bucket full of grit, I severely doubt anything other then removing any packaging/protection and fitting the wheel trims was done as part of our PDI.
We're now due to take the car back on Monday where they should fix the seat and hopefully reset the service indicator and update the firmware.

They told me to reset it via the menu. It will reset the number of kilometers for the service.
Really it is easy as you mentioned? I am hesitating the reset it. The MG dealers are like not interested in servicing the cars.

I got this after roughly 1000 kilometer, and after documenting it by video, to have proof, i reset it.

Yesterday i did a longer roadtrip and again it came on last night just when i pulled into the driveway.

Again...Just a bit more than 1000 kilometers.

I again took a video to document, and in 2 weeks it is booked in to have the towbar retrofitted at the MG garage, and i will certainly have a word with the service manager when i drop off the car, about this, and ask him to please fix this so that i dont have to reset the timer every 1000 kilometers.

If he gives me any further info on what he did, if he claims he fixed it, i will offcourse keep you posted :)

I called the dealer for a visit. I was told not to come, wait and drive with warning. They told that all new cars had this issue and the dealers wait an update to solve the issue. After update I think we need to visit services.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom