ZS EV Trophy Vs Trophy Connect questions

Thank you for providing the feedback !.
I do find this a little strange though ?.
Are we saying that preheating the cabin of the car is not possible from the App on all models of the face lift ?.
Or, just that you can not select "heated seats" from the App on ALL or certain models ?.
As Miles did make a point of demonstrating the pre-heating of the cabin in a face lift model, from the App on his phone, using a Trophy i-Connect.
I suspect it will be seat heating you are unable to control from the App then ?.
Even more strange then, that MG had directed / policed "Summit Garage" with regards to the content of the video, but then provided incorrect info regarding it's content as it's appears ?.
Sorry, or have I misunderstood something here ?.
Sorry I should have been clear here. Its the heated seats. AC/ Preheating still works with the app. The confusion was about heated seats. Apologies for the confusion!

Also ill try to reach Summit Garages tomorrow again to get a definitive answer and update here. My phone line was pretty bad at that time.

Thank you for providing the feedback !.
I do find this a little strange though ?.
Are we saying that preheating the cabin of the car is not possible from the App on all models of the face lift ?.
Or, just that you can not select "heated seats" from the App on ALL or certain models ?.
As Miles did make a point of demonstrating the pre-heating of the cabin in a face lift model, from the App on his phone, using a Trophy i-Connect.
I suspect it will be seat heating you are unable to control from the App then ?.
Even more strange then, that MG had directed / policed "Summit Garage" with regards to the content of the video, but then provided incorrect info regarding it's content as it's appears ?.
The video also appears to display a "Tail Gate" release button on the App also, I was not aware that any of the ZS EV's came with a tail gate release button either.
It would appear that the video content, has not been cross checked against the spec / features on the UK models ?.

P.S. - The "Summit Garage" video is still available on YouTube.

The YouTube video was previously listed under MG's official channel too and I think its been removed from there and the MG website. Do correct me if I am mistaken.

Someone mentioned doing exactly this on another thread, it may have been @Sam Luscombe ?

Not sure if that was the Connect version though.
Yes, I had the keys up in my sleeping baby's bedroom and had an urge for some chocolate. Fear not, took the car to the shops and back with nothing but my phone. Will run a test and make sure the same applies to Trophy as this was on our Connect demo

That was my first thoughts @Alan .
The App that @Merry is currently using, strangely enough has the the interior graphic's displaying a lefthand drive car.
The App that Summit Garage is displaying in it's video, has the interior graphic as a righthand drive car !.
Not that we should read TOO much into a simple graphic change, but it could be that the App has been modified / replaced after @Merry had his up and running ?.
This is pure guess work on my part of course, but there MUST be a reason why the features that Summit Garage is displaying is somehow different ?.
It appears Summit is using a Trophy I-Connect, but so was Miles in his App video ?.
So, rules out the difference in model spec's I feel.
@Merry is running a standard Trophy, but strangely we are seeing two different standards of the heated seats options on the App on BOTH dealer demo Trophy I.Connect cars.
Surely, it can only be either a improved version of the App on Summit's car, or the Summit car has received a software update to their car ?.
I have asked Miles if he can shine any light / comment on this odd condition between two identical Trophy I-Connect cars.
The Summit video is one MG produced to show us Dealers how it works. I cant for the life of me find where to operate the heated seats.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility MG had this film shot on a non-UK production-spec car?

I'll ask the Q and come back

I did have a thought that the video could be to some sort of test server and not an actual car, ie something to test the app with - a virtual car so to speak, combined with a different version of the app.

To then put it out when it's obviously not the 'real' version of the app then claim to know nothing about it is a bit amateur hour though.

I did have a thought that the video could be to some sort of test server and not an actual car, ie something to test the app with - a virtual car so to speak, combined with a different version of the app.

To then put it out when it's obviously not the 'real' version of the app then claim to know nothing about it is a bit amateur hour though.
@Sam Luscombe has kindly agreed to help by asking them and letting us know.

The Summit video is one MG produced to show us Dealers how it works. I cant for the life of me find where to operate the heated seats.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility MG had this film shot on a non-UK production-spec car?

I'll ask the Q and come back
They could have been using video original footage of an App available in Thailand etc, then inserted / overlaid English onto this footage ?.
Sam - I don't think you will find the heated seat option on the U.K. App.
But, while you are looking, see if you can find the tail gate release button, that is also depicted on the Summit Garage video :ROFLMAO: !.
More chance of finding Howard Hughes I think 🤷‍♂️.

@Mihir appreciate both yours and his input, but to be fair MG should have had an answer for you when you rang them.
I agree @Merry. To be honest, the first time I called, the people I spoke to at MG were not even aware of the inconsistency in the video and hence had no answers. But I got a call from them the following day to admit it was posted in error and immediately those were removed from their website and their official YouTube channel.

I agree @Merry. To be honest, the first time I called, the people I spoke to at MG were not even aware of the inconsistency in the video and hence had no answers. But I got a call from them the following day to admit it was posted in error and immediately those were removed from their website and their official YouTube channel.
I guess they needed time to view the video and then check against the facts and features of the car.
Likely they had not seen it until you brought it to their attention !.
It’s a shame that the general public appears to know a little more about the product than the people working for the company.
It should have been checked and verified for correctness before releasing.
Bit of a school boy / roof bar error really.

The video was produced by MG some time ago and the iSmart app was at a late stage of development. The heated seat function was removed as part of a software update that MG were unaware of when the videos were produced. Not entirely sure of the technical reason for its removal, but at this stage, MG aren't aware of any plans for it to be included in any future updates.

The good news is that the car clearly can do it, but for some reason, maybe due to glitches/faults that need to be ironed out, has had to be removed.

Bit late to the party, but it even shows it in the owner's manual.
Maybe it's for the petrol version?
Even shows variable temp setting.
Screenshot_20221106-223445_MG iSMART.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom