ZS EV Trophy Vs Trophy Connect questions

Have you tried to download load the app from the cars qi code and not the play store?
Hey ....... That could be a great shout !.
I did not know you could do that from the car ?.
Is it possible that the App in the car has received a OTA update, where as the download version from the "App Store" etc is still on the previous version ?.

I think play store version is 1.1.3 at the moment
Screenshot_20220201_204057.jpg

Hi,
Do have we come up with the deffinate differences between trophy and connect versions? And what are they?

I have got a facelift Trophy SR in black. I see the same screens as @Merry. It says version 1.1.3 on mine as well.

Trophy Connect shows us the QR code to download the app from the car's infotainment screen with the 'configure' button as shown in the activation video on the MG site. I wonder if that version of the app is different than whats on Playstore? Does the QR actually take us to Playstore/Appstore or a different site to download the app? Can anyone with Trophy Connect check and confirm?@Ding : Since you have a Trophy Connect, can you try this and help us here?

Last edited:
I have got a facelift Trophy SR in black. I see the same screens as @Merry. It says version 1.1.3 on mine as well.

Trophy Connect shows us the QR code to download the app from the car's infotainment screen with the 'configure' button as shown in the activation video on the MG site. I wonder if that version of the app is different than whats on Playstore? Does the QR actually take us to Playstore/Appstore or a different site to download the app? Can anyone with Trophy Connect check and confirm? @Ding : Since you have a Trophy Connect, can you try this and help us here?
@Ding

Trophy Connect shows us the QR code to download the app from the car's infotainment screen with the 'configure' button as shown in the activation video on the MG site. I wonder if that version of the app is different than whats on Playstore? Does the QR actually take us to Playstore/Appstore or a different site to download the app? Can anyone with Trophy Connect check and confirm?@Ding : Since you have a Trophy Connect, can you try this and help us here?
I downloaded iSmart app from playstore first before binding the QR code which was version 1.1.3 too. I think there is only one iSmart app for UK.

I downloaded iSmart app from playstore first before binding the QR code which was version 1.1.3 too. I think there is only one iSmart app for UK.
@Ding : Would it be possible for you to download the app from the QR code shown on the car infotainment screen and not from playstore? You could do it on a different mobile phone. You wouldnt need to bind the car. Just download and check the version number.

In this video, in the activation process, on the screen where he binds the car, there is a QR code to download the app in Step 1. Download the app scanning that QR code. Your inputs could be very useful to know about this concern of different app versions. I am assuming this must be the reason of different apps. Your check can help us put that assumption to bed.

@Ding : Would it be possible for you to download the app from the QR code shown on the car infotainment screen and not from playstore? You could do it on a different mobile phone. You wouldnt need to bind the car. Just download and check the version number.

In this video, in the activation process, on the screen where he binds the car, there is a QR code to download the app in Step 1. Download the app scanning that QR code. Your inputs could be very useful to know about this concern of different app versions. I am assuming this must be the reason of different apps. Your check can help us put that assumption to bed.

My car has already been set up. There is no configuration/ activation menu to download the app from the infotainment screen as per video. It only allow me to logout or switch user. Hence there is only one QR code for binding the car on the screen.

My car has already been set up. There is no configuration/ activation menu to download the app from the infotainment screen as per video. It only allow me to logout or switch user. Hence there is only one QR code for binding the car on the screen.
Some from the dealership would need to let us know about the different versions. @N2STY : How did you get to the V2.1.18 update screen? What we have on Playstore and Appstore is v 1.x.x

Some from the dealership would need to let us know about the different versions. @N2STY : How did you get to the V2.1.18 update screen? What we have on Playstore and Appstore is v 1.x.x
I was just looking and trying different APKs that I found using Google there are loads every region has its own app there is a v3 but its in aksornthai so can't decipher it so gave up

Well spotted @Merry !.
Does that tell us something here ?????.
Something has changed then maybe.
Is it possible that Summit's car is running on a slightly different updated for R/H drive cars software package then ?.
Interesting !.
A few updates on this one!
1. I think both me and @Merry own a Standard Trophy and we do not see the option of managing heated seating on our apps with version 1.1.3. I saw my dealer this afternoon and he was of the opinion that this functionality is possibly available on the Long Range models and not Standard Range. The App will know what battery range we are on this when we bind the car. I wasn't convinced and he wasn't sure either and said its worth a check. If anyone has a Long Range model Trophy or Tropy Connect it needs to be checked if that theory is any good. @Lovemyev Worth checking with Miles?
2. Possibly the version prior to Jan 25th had it and MG intentionally/unintentionally removed it on the version 1.1.3.
3. I called MG Motor UK on their number provided on the facebook page - 02039175821 and spoke to couple of the representatives. First one I spoke to told me that as far as she knew, it only lets us control AC but when I told her about the video on the MG website showing heated seating as well, she was surprised herself and saw the video as we spoke on the call. Another colleague of hers spoke to me and he told me that I need to go back to the dealership and they need to ask their technicians to do the necessary checks! I was totally unconvinced and explained him that this was App related and nothing to do with the car for the technicians to check the car and he seemed a bit lost! Finally hung up saying he wasn't technical enough to advise and all requests have to be done via the dealership!

I am not sure which of these theories are correct. Inclining possibly towards point 1!

Argument 1 kind of falls apart as mines a Long Range. The dealer is talking out of his behind there.

Cheers for putting the legwork in though!

Okay, so we know that “Summit Garage” has put out a video, that clearly displays a function on the App for selecting the heated seat control.
We can see that the car depicted is either the Std Trophy or a Trophy I-Connect.
It will be a long range version 100%.
We don’t know what App version they are using and did get downloaded from the App Store etc, or was it downloaded from the QR code in the head unit of the car ?.
I don’t own the face lift model at present, so maybe a new lucky owner, could contact “Summit Garage” and ask them to confirm the model type of the car used and the facts around the video, regarding the heated seat function from the App etc.

Okay, so we know that “Summit Garage” has put out a video, that clearly displays a function on the App for selecting the heated seat control.
We can see that the car depicted is either the Std Trophy or a Trophy I-Connect.
It will be a long range version 100%.
We don’t know what App version they are using and did get downloaded from the App Store etc, or was it downloaded from the QR code in the head unit of the car ?.
I don’t own the face lift model at present, so maybe a new lucky owner, could contact “Summit Garage” and ask them to confirm the model type of the car used and the facts around the video, regarding the heated seat function from the App etc.
Ill call them tomorrow and see what they say and post my updates.

@Lovemyev @Merry @Nutnut
@N2STY
So, more updates:
1. I got a call back from the MG representative I spoke to yesterday and he explained to me that he spoke to a few people within and that the preheating heated seats control from the app was not possible and that video was posted in error. He was apologetic about it and thankful that we brought it to their notice.I mentioned about the activation video as well which a bit misleading with the configure button. MG have since then removed all videos of iSmart app from the website. I can't see them on the website or the YouTube channel either.

2. I called up Summit Garage and spoke to a sales rep and he mentioned to me that the video was shot under MG's direction and only MG may hold the answers to what was in the video. I got disconnected due to a bad phone line.

So bottom line is preheating heated seats control from the app may not be possible. One thing I do appreciate now is that MG showed good customer service by trying to reach out to me to explain/justify what was going on. I could sense no beating round the bush and it gives me more confidence into the future. They clearly listen and are willing to take steps. A callback was unexpected and I was pleasantly surprised. Early days for me but the vibes seem good.

Last edited:
So bottom line is preheating from the app may not be possible.
Thank you for providing the feedback !.
I do find this a little strange though ?.
Are we saying that preheating the cabin of the car is not possible from the App on all models of the face lift ?.
Or, just that you can not select "heated seats" from the App on ALL or certain models ?.
As Miles did make a point of demonstrating the pre-heating of the cabin in a face lift model, from the App on his phone, using a Trophy i-Connect.
I suspect it will be seat heating you are unable to control from the App then ?.
Even more strange then, that MG had directed / policed "Summit Garage" with regards to the content of the video, but then provided incorrect info regarding it's content as it's appears ?.
The video also appears to display a "Tail Gate" release button on the App also, I was not aware that any of the ZS EV's came with a tail gate release button either.
It would appear that the video content, has not been cross checked against the spec / features on the UK models ?.

P.S. - The "Summit Garage" video is still available on YouTube.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom