ZS EV Trophy Vs Trophy Connect questions

I've just had a mooch through their other videos and he's clearly setting up the app on a Connect. It's a bit different on the Trophy. Or it was when I set it up on mine. I'm definitely running the latest version of the app, I've just checked. Below is what mine looks like.
Screenshot_20220131-200219_MG iSMART~2.jpg

Last edited:
And this is the HVAC settings..

View attachment 6689
I am watching Mile's video on the i-Smart App on a Trophy Iconnect at the moment, it is the Iconnect model, because it has voice control on the sun roof etc.
The App on his phone looks to have the same features as yours though ?.
Strangely, I am unable to see the heated seats button feature on his App either ( unless I missed it of course).
Here is the point in the Summit Garage video, that displays the heated seats function on the App that they are using.
Are you able to see this feature / facility on your App ?.

@Merry.
Here is two screen shot's from the video from Summit Garage showing the heated seats button on the App.
There should be control over both the drivers seat and the passengers seat.

Heated Seats 1 App 2022-01-31 at 20.23.35.png

Heated Seats App 2 2022-01-31 at 20.23.00.png

Heated Seats App 3 2022-01-31 at 20.30.25.png

Interesting that the image has the driving seat in the UK side on the app in the video from Summit...
Well spotted @Merry !.
Does that tell us something here ?????.
Something has changed then maybe.
Is it possible that Summit's car is running on a slightly different updated for R/H drive cars software package then ?.
Interesting !.

I just received the delivery of ex demo trophy connect today. Trying to connect it with iSmart app. It ask me to bind the app with the car via QE code. Most car has this QR code on driver side door frame. However there isn't one. I do find QR code on windscreen and driver side window. But it doesn't work. Does anyone know where is the QR code located in trophy connect?

I just received the delivery of ex demo trophy connect today. Trying to connect it with iSmart app. It ask me to bind the app with the car via QE code. Most car has this QR code on driver side door frame. However there isn't one. I do find QR code on windscreen and driver side window. But it doesn't work. Does anyone know where is the QR code located in trophy connect?
I thought it come up on the infotainment screen. I haven’t got my car yet but I remember seeing a video of this.
You could always contact your dealer if still having problems mate

Thanks I have not worked out how to add YT links!
When you are on the You Tube page you are watching, below should be an option to “Share”.
Select this and it will offer you an option to “Copy”.
Select this option, then return to the form page.
Select to reply to the thread, then in the blank field box, it will give you the option to paste when you touch with your finger ( phone of course ) on the blank field.
Select the “Paste” option and the link will be pasted into the blank field box.
Send the post via the reply button and your done.
Hope this helps !.

When you are on the You Tube page you are watching, below should be an option to “Share”.
Select this and it will offer you an option to “Copy”.
Select this option, then return to the form page.
Select to reply to the thread, then in the blank field box, it will give you the option to paste when you touch with your finger ( phone of course ) on the blank field.
Select the “Paste” option and the link will be pasted into the blank field box.
Send the post via the reply button and your done.
Hope this helps !.
Thanks Much appreciated will give it a go.

Summit must be using a newer version of the app?
That was my first thoughts @Alan .
The App that @Merry is currently using, strangely enough has the the interior graphic's displaying a lefthand drive car.
The App that Summit Garage is displaying in it's video, has the interior graphic as a righthand drive car !.
Not that we should read TOO much into a simple graphic change, but it could be that the App has been modified / replaced after @Merry had his up and running ?.
This is pure guess work on my part of course, but there MUST be a reason why the features that Summit Garage is displaying is somehow different ?.
It appears Summit is using a Trophy I-Connect, but so was Miles in his App video ?.
So, rules out the difference in model spec's I feel.
@Merry is running a standard Trophy, but strangely we are seeing two different standards of the heated seats options on the App on BOTH dealer demo Trophy I.Connect cars.
Surely, it can only be either a improved version of the App on Summit's car, or the Summit car has received a software update to their car ?.
I have asked Miles if he can shine any light / comment on this odd condition between two identical Trophy I-Connect cars.

I'm not ruling out that there is a different version of the app in pre release or testing, but the app I have is the latest one on the play store. It was updated on the 25th of January.

I notice those videos appear on the MG website now too. MG iSmart | MG Motor UK

I'm not too fussed either way, although preheated seats would be nice. I'd rather they made it a bit more reliable and less sluggish to be honest.

I'm not ruling out that there is a different version of the app in pre release or testing, but the app I have is the latest one on the play store. It was updated on the 25th of January.

I notice those videos appear on the MG website now too. MG iSmart | MG Motor UK

I'm not too fussed either way, although preheated seats would be nice. I'd rather they made it a bit more reliable and less sluggish to be honest.
Thanks @Merry for sharing your findings, you are one of the "Chosen Few" - who actually have a facelift model to be able to supply this information !.
I am at a loss to understand, why their appears to two different App's ???.
Really weird don't you think ?.
Being able to control your heated seats from the App is a great feature I think.
Thank you !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom