1000 miles in...

Update to my shock absorbers issue, parts have been in order since 7th Jan. Doesn’t bode well if a critical part is required and the car is off the road. Curious to know if any others have had issues with parts supply?
Sorry I missed this response.

The new shocks didn't solve the knocking, they had it back to go over again but still not resolved. It sounds more and more like a cable knocking somewhere and definitely not suspension related.

kind of given up now. :-(

Some post hereabouts talked of a new boot latch. I'm sure there was also one a bit back about he hinges.

How much was the first service out of interest?
It was about £65 inc paying £10 for the corrosion warranty inspection on the low mileage price. Got a bear, years breakdown cover renewed and a Latte from the cafe so pretty happy. Not happy with lack of parts but it is what it is and not unique to MG currently.

My car had its first service yesterday but they were unable to change the rear shock as the parts were still not available and they had no eta. It does concern me a little as currently it is still drivable but could very easily be disabled by another small part.

My brother has an independent service garage and they are having a hard time finding all the parts they need at times across many makes.

The big issue with MG EV is no or little aftermarket parts seem to exist which is most likely as they have not been around long in the UK I guess.
Have you tried Aliexpress they have some parts for the roewe 5 which as many of the same parts.

Just a quick update to say my rear shock was changed yesterday and all is well once again. Will be testing it thoroughly later today as we have a nearly 300 mile round trip to Birmingham for a concert!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom