25/01/21: Just had latest BMS software. Observations...

Have you any idea how the 2nd generation comfort system came about?

is that not an improvement? Well it was for me. Being able to charge while unlocked. Is that not an improvement?

@MilesperkWh has confirmed the information about the battery. He works for Chorley MG. It is not worth his job lying.
Agreed.
The 2nd Generation Comfort system was very much an improvement, not really a fix.
I would have been nice for it to have been a free improvement for everyone!

Although, I will point out that as someone else did at some point, technically the car tooting when locking/unlocking or whatever is was, does cause it to not comply with UK laws about noise at night etc lol

is that not an improvement? Well it was for me. Being able to charge while unlocked. Is that not an improvement?

@MilesperkWh has confirmed the information about the battery. He works for Chorley MG. It is not worth his job lying.
No - that’s why i asked you. I would suggest it was due to customer complaints

if something is virtually unusable - as it was - then yes of course. Hardly a shining example of being proactive though wouldn’t you say?

what information about the battery? Confirmed what? Who is suggesting he might be lying? Where has that come from?
1613219315479.png

Here's the challenge.

Tell me just what is carried out for the MG ZS EV first service. The MG website shows nothing to be done. (Photo attached).

'Having the car serviced by MG will help if you have any warranty issues down the line.' This is not true. Warranty issues are separate to servicing. As long as a vat registered garage carries out the service with original parts the warranty is intact.

Looking at the service schedule on MG's website they can do nothing when your car is in for service except bill you.

I look forward to anyone telling me exactly what MG specify is to be carried out for the first service.

Attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-13-12-22-27-913_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-13-12-22-27-913_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 146
Here's the challenge.

Tell me just what is carried out for the MG ZS EV first service. The MG website shows nothing to be done. (Photo attached).

'Having the car serviced by MG will help if you have any warranty issues down the line.' This is not true. Warranty issues are separate to servicing. As long as a vat registered garage carries out the service with original parts the warranty is intact.

Looking at the service schedule on MG's website they can do nothing when your car is in for service except bill you.

I look forward to anyone telling me exactly what MG specify is to be carried out for the first service.
So true lol.

I am going to pay the dealer £100 in a years time though & not risk anything, to look at it and say "yeah you're good to go" lol.
Hopefully they'll at least clean the car for my money lol!!!!

Here's the challenge.

This might be useful

Here's the challenge.

Here's my first service sheet from dealer
IMG_20210213_131345.jpg
IMG_20210213_131426.jpg

Here's the challenge.

They give you another’s years AA membership.....free....😄👍

Another reason to let MG service it is that many manufacturers give "goodwill" contributions to repairs out of warranty if serviced by their dealer network, I would like to think MG would too.

Here's my first service sheet from dealerView attachment 1464View attachment 1465
Thank you @Trevor .
That is the very first ZS EV service check sheet I have ever seen !.
It goes without saying that I never got one of course.
Do I detect a bit of a reluctance to issue these sheets ?.
If you are 100% confident of your Tech's, these sheets should be handed to the customer.
A lot of people will just put them in the glove box and never even read them.
As a LONG retired Tech myself, I love this type of stuff, sad I know.
Mmmm ........ Interesting to see that the road wheels are removed and the hubs should be greased before refitting the wheels.
If this has actually happened, then I am very impressed !.
If this line item has been skipped, it will be very noticeable if any of the wheels are removed.
Anybody who has ever tried to remove one of the alloy wheels from their cars at the side of the road, to then find it will not detach from the hub when all the well bolts are removed, know's exactly what I am talking about !.
The untreated steel hub reacts with the alloy wheel boss and because they are dissimilar metals, a chemical reaction causes corrosion to form.
Over a short time, it makes wheel removal very very difficult.
On all of the previous cars that have alloy wheels, I have removed them and cleaned the corrosion and applied copper grease to the steel hubs.
All this could be avoided, by using a thin film of grease around the hub at the factory before they fit the road wheels are installed.
Do they do it ? - Don't be daft, of course they don't !.
Road wheel removal is very rarely seen at most dealerships unless there is another issue to deal with, like tyre charge or brake pad replacement etc.
Brake pad wear is normally checked by visual inspection from the back of the road wheel.
If you are a low mileage user and are careful with your tyres, it could be three years or 20,000 miles before the front wheels are removed for the first time.
Then the problem is handed to your local tyre shop to get the wheels off the car for the very first time, from after it left the factory.
As sad as it may appear, I DO like to see accountability for what is done on a service.
This sheet provides clear evidence that the work has been carried out.
If you "tick the box" as a tech, you are claiming ownership of that work content.
No grey areas here - pure and simple, tick or a cross.
If you "Tick It" you better of done it, because the customer has been charged for it.
I am not trying to catch anybody out here, I just want the work doing correctly to the standard laid down by the manufacture of the car.

Thank you @Trevor .
That is the very first ZS EV service check sheet I have ever seen !.
It goes without saying that I never got one of course.
Do I detect a bit of a reluctance to issue these sheets ?.
If you are 100% confident of your Tech's, these sheets should be handed to the customer.
A lot of people will just put them in the glove box and never even read them.
As a LONG retired Tech myself, I love this type of stuff, sad I know.
Mmmm ........ Interesting to see that the road wheels are removed and the hubs should be greased before refitting the wheels.
If this has actually happened, then I am very impressed !.
If this line item has been skipped, it will be very noticeable if any of the wheels are removed.
Anybody who has ever tried to remove one of the alloy wheels from their cars at the side of the road, to then find it will not detach from the hub when all the well bolts are removed, know's exactly what I am talking about !.
The untreated steel hub reacts with the alloy wheel boss and because they are dissimilar metals, a chemical reaction causes corrosion to form.
Over a short time, it makes wheel removal very very difficult.
On all of the previous cars that have alloy wheels, I have removed them and cleaned the corrosion and applied copper grease to the steel hubs.
All this could be avoided, by using a thin film of grease around the hub at the factory before they fit the road wheels are installed.
Do they do it ? - Don't be daft, of course they don't !.
Road wheel removal is very rarely seen at most dealerships unless there is another issue to deal with, like tyre charge or brake pad replacement etc.
Brake pad wear is normally checked by visual inspection from the back of the road wheel.
If you are a low mileage user and are careful with your tyres, it could be three years or 20,000 miles before the front wheels are removed for the first time.
Then the problem is handed to your local tyre shop to get the wheels off the car for the very first time, from after it left the factory.
As sad as it may appear, I DO like to see accountability for what is done on a service.
This sheet provides clear evidence that the work has been carried out.
If you "tick the box" as a tech, you are claiming ownership of that work content.
No grey areas here - pure and simple, tick or a cross.
If you "Tick It" you better of done it, because the customer has been charged for it.
I am not trying to catch anybody out here, I just want the work doing correctly to the standard laid down by the manufacture of the car.
I am going to mark all my wheels and nuts to verify they have been removed as per service sheet. If not I will be expecting a discount on my service.

A famous case is where a Toyota dealer charged a customer for a rear wiper blade replacement on a Yaris with no rear wiper. A fine of approximately £16,000 was levied.

I always check all work claimed and paid for is actually done.

I am going to mark all my wheels and nuts to verify they have been removed as per service sheet. If not I will be expecting a discount on my service.

A famous case is where a Toyota dealer charged a customer for a rear wiper blade replacement on a Yaris with no rear wiper. A fine of approximately £16,000 was levied.

I always check all work claimed and paid for is actually done.
Use the check sheet kindly provided by @Trevor !.

Thanks @Trevor for sharing.

Only concerns I have are

1. Connect to computer and download updates chargeable. Does this mean that they will add the CF2 update and then tell you it cost £x or will they contact you to explain what is out of date and the price
2. The HV battery has boxes for % reading and all they have done is a tick.

Only concerns I have are

1. Connect to computer and download updates chargeable. Does this mean that they will add the CF2 update and then tell you it cost £x or will they contact you to explain what is out of date and the price
1. I was asked if I wanted the CF2 update. They really want you to have it, else they have to do various other updates at their expense, which are included in CF2. I waited whilst my service was done, as it only takes an hour. If you want CF2 installed it is another 2-3 hours, so they should let you know to bring lunch.

2. Well spotted. My service was before the BMS update so I expect was in good order. I'll keep an eye out for this in future.

Only concerns I have are

I don't think they would apply "Comfort 2" and then hand you the bill.
It is a stand alone chargeable to the customer feature, if they installed it and then you refused to pay, they would be unable to remove it.
Therefore, they would not install it until authorised to do so by the customer.
Yeah - I would have expected to see a value in the SOC & SOH boxes.
Maybe the pack would have to be fully charged in order get a accurate reading, so it has been left without an values ???.

I had the HVCC & BMS update in Nov. The reason I wanted it done was to utilise the delayed charging on my home charger, the charging whilst doors unlocked was also nice but less important to me. After the update I noticed the car would not start a charge with the car unlocked but it would continue to charge if I unlocked the doors with the button on the door handle. It did do a delayed charge once, only once it has never done it again. I have arranged for the car to get the latest update as it is clear the update in Nov did not fix the issues.
I do not know if the reduction in range we are experiencing now is due to that update or simply it has been freezing up here in Aberdeen since the update was done. There has been no noticeable reduction on power in the car driving wise. A thing I never looked at previously was the max voltage after a charge, it is 456v on full charge just now. We will see if the next update fixes the issues and if there is a change in max voltage.

Very similar thoughts here.
Good to see a a check sheet provided.
Seems wrong to not record the battery %s and instead ticks.
I’ve never know anyone to remove wheels during a service, quite the opposite - I think I asked once for some reason and they said they cannot remove items.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom