44.5 kWh battery becomes 29.1kWh battery

Update, collected car this morning after the latest BMS update and garage charging up over night. On collection 447v 147 mile on N and 161 on E full charge. (Was only getting 118 max) Got home and better power on driving and 3.4kwh. Normally only shows 2.6kwh 12 mile journey. so was happy. However back in garage right now as battery low voltage error when checking status (Start button twice no foot on pedal). See pics, low volt battery showed 12 volt not 14. Drove back to garage and noted when HV battery engaged LV shows 14 v. Got to garage did same test and check voltage when HV off and noted LV battery initially showed 14v and after a second dropped back to 12v........... update later

Attachments

• C42BBE02-9DD2-427F-A4A7-9B5FEAB5EFFB.jpeg
    C42BBE02-9DD2-427F-A4A7-9B5FEAB5EFFB.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 94C58971-B881-4353-9C45-F5EF79356C79.jpeg
    94C58971-B881-4353-9C45-F5EF79356C79.jpeg
    342.6 KB · Views: 185
Update, collected car this morning after the latest BMS update and garage charging up over night. On collection 447v 147 mile on N and 161 on E full charge. (Was only getting 118 max) Got home and better power on driving and 3.4kwh. Normally only shows 2.6kwh 12 mile journey. so was happy. However back in garage right now as battery low voltage error when checking status (Start button twice no foot on pedal). See pics, low volt battery showed 12 volt not 14. Drove back to garage and noted when HV battery engaged LV shows 14 v. Got to garage did same test and check voltage when HV off and noted LV battery initially showed 14v and after a second dropped back to 12v........... update later
That sounds normal to me - depending on what 12v systems you’re using.

Still here at garage 55 mins and MG have just replied to garage‘s tech support request. so while I sit here apparently they need to unplug the battery for 20 mins to reset. I am not sure how this deals with the obvious issue of the low voltage battery not charged sufficiently????
so I’ll sit here in my mask another half hour

That sounds normal to me - depending on what 12v systems you’re using.
A normal lead acid battery should show a healthy charge of 12.8 volts. Looks to me like the LV battery is either not holding its charge on not being charged correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
im in israel few days after the update that supposed to fix the BMS issue . they told me to drive and charge normaly for 2 weeks and then ill see it solved.

I have notice when on charge with Pod-Point I cannot get the charge above 140 miles. Is the free charge limited to that amount?

There is a lot of posts on here about the BMS update. Speak to your dealer to see what version you have got. Basically the lastest versions kills the battery. MG are issuing a new version very soon.
Hi all just had a call from mg dealer have to have new battery update

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom