51% SOH

BryG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
MG4 Trophy LR 23 Plate. 9k miles, 1st service today recorded 72% SOC and 51% SOH. The second figure seems crazy to me. Am I missing something? TIA

MG4 Trophy LR 23 Plate. 9k miles, 1st service today recorded 72% SOC and 51% SOH. The second figure seems crazy to me. Am I missing something? TIA
If that is the case then a new traction battery should be installed under the 7 year warranty which guarantees a minum of 70% SOH at the end of the 7 year cover period.

What sort of mileage are you getting per charge? Has it significantly dropped? This should give an idea but as above, something sounds off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds highly unlikely and probably a glitch! As said above the dealer should not have returned the car to you without an explanation.

What range is the car showing at 100%?

What sort of mileage are you getting per charge? Has is significantly dropped? This should give an idea but as above, something sounds off.
I honestly have had my mind on other things recently but it currently has an SOC of 63% and a GoM range of 136 miles. That's equivalent to 100% range of 215 miles or 79% of claimed range. Bearing in mind the very wet, windy and cold weather that's low but believable.

Gom sounds reasonable. . Query it with them.
Wrongly recorded is my guess but throw a warranty claim in there if they insist it's right. That'll help focus their minds 👍

Last edited:
Almost certainly an error. What did they say when you queried it?

I honestly have had my mind on other things recently but it currently has an SOC of 63% and a GoM range of 136 miles. That's equivalent to 100% range of 215 miles or 79% of claimed range. Bearing in mind the very wet, windy and cold weather that's low but believable.
If you reset the accumulated total, the 100% charge should show the WLTP range minus the SOH loss

Gom sounds reasonable. . Query it with them.
Wrongly recorded is my guess but throw a warranty claim in there if they insist it's right. That'll help focus their minds 👍
I've now got it booked in for a battery check on 23rd. I have also ordered an OBD2 dongle so I can keep an eye on it myself. Hopefully it will all turn out to be just a mistake.

Almost certainly an error. What did they say when you queried it?
They are taking it back in for a test.

I've now got it booked in for a battery check on 23rd. I have also ordered an OBD2 dongle so I can keep an eye on it myself. Hopefully it will all turn out to be just a mistake.

They are taking it back in for a test.
Just remember that OBD2 values are all over the place and should be evaluated before believing. I know it's not SoH figures, but I have seen min batt temp 11 C, max batt 11 C and average batt temp 7 C. Seeing is not believing 🤔😎

... what suprised me was that the main independant EV repair centre in the UK (aka Cleevely) - recommended car specific apps - in this case Leaf Spy (14:30 mins )

Just remember that OBD2 values are all over the place and should be evaluated before believing. I know it's not SoH figures, but I have seen min batt temp 11 C, max batt 11 C and average batt temp 7 C. Seeing is not believing 🤔😎
Tried Car Scanner. It says SoH is 400% In a few years I'll be able to circumnavigate the globe on a single charge. :p

Tried Car Scanner. It says SoH is 400% In a few years I'll be able to circumnavigate the globe on a single charge. :p
Crossed fingers it's not just going up instead of down or you'll climb in expecting to navigate the globe and not be able to get off your drive 😂

On mine (iphone), I need to let it scroll round for a realistic SoH value. There is also a really useful youtube video in recent weeks, taken from all tesla cars and types, I'll see if i can find it. (Edit : Found it):-

Did you select the mg4 profile?
IMG_2505.jpeg

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums