A NOT SO short update on our British Gas Hive EV charger installation.

So you are saving £10 a year (84p a month) with british gas. You say the smart meter that was installed was an octopus meter; did the £10 annual saving really make you change? If we took the time that you'd spent on the phone needlessly to CS and multiply that by minimum wage, surely that would far exceed the £10 annual saving. Was the the hour extra that BG offer that made you go for them.
LOL I didn’t know of the ‘saving’ until I calculated it in a spreadsheet (from the EVM) when the comment was made that BG are more expensive, I just thought I’d check.
Furthermore, if with octopus, you could of picked up one of there Ohme chargers and gone on intelligent octopus for 7.5p/KWh rates

Sorry if this comes off the wrong way, just curious of the thought process.
I’m with British Gas , was with Octopus 3 years ago hence why we had their smart meters . and didn’t really want the hassle of changing supplier for a few pounds a year possible saving, with hindsight it may have been better if I had, And at the time of placing the order I was not aware of this site or Octopus Intelligent.

No need for sorry, we all learn by asking, as have I with BG! 😀

Yes I know capitals are shouting but I didn't know what else to call it and I'm sorry if I offended you by not using the right terminology.....not 🤣
Bold is to emphasise a point, make a heading etc so there is no real need to call it out at all. Regrading capitals its also good to be aware that some people with poor eyesight will often need to write in capitals to see what they are writing more easily.

LOL I didn’t know of the ‘saving’ until I calculated it in a spreadsheet (from the EVM) when the comment was made that BG are more expensive, I just thought I’d check.

I’m with British Gas , was with Octopus 3 years ago hence why we had their smart meters . and didn’t really want the hassle of changing supplier for a few pounds a year possible saving, with hindsight it may have been better if I had, And at the time of placing the order I was not aware of this site or Octopus Intelligent.

No need for sorry, we all learn by asking, as have I with BG! 😀
Whispering, HOPE THAT’S OK ? 🤣
British Gas tells me it could take 7 days for my smart monitor to start working again
. Strange when it worked out of the box 2 days ago.

Collecting our ZS TLR in red later today. 😀

Whispering, HOPE THAT’S OK ? 🤣
British Gas tells me it could take 7 days for my smart monitor to start working again
. Strange when it worked out of the box 2 days ago.

Collecting our ZS TLR in red later today. 😀
Enjoy !.
Turn dead reckoning off and make sure your phone binds to the car correctly before leaving the dealer.

Enjoy !.
Turn dead reckoning off and make sure your phone binds to the car correctly before leaving the dealer.
Have a short list of things to check, dealers said handover in explaining the cars functions will take about an hour, with my bits maybe two 😀

• Black functional (not sure how will check this)
  • Driving position for my wife, mines ok 😀
  • Tyre pressures
  • Panel gaps
  • Check what is excludes from the warranty
  • Opening passenger door from inside when locked
  • Satnav remote from iSmart to car
  • All Software up to date, verify ecu’s
  • Check seatbelts
  • Alignment of wheel trims to access valves
  • Register/bind iPhone to car before leaving dealer
  • dead reckoning turned off on satnav and check it works
  • Check DAB radio function
  • Set lane keep assist to alert and assist.
  • VIN registration check
  • Check underside of car

Have a short list of things to check, dealers said handover in explaining the cars functions will take about an hour, with my bits maybe two 😀

• Black functional (not sure how will check this)
  • Driving position for my wife, mines ok 😀
  • Tyre pressures
  • Panel gaps
  • Check what is excludes from the warranty
  • Opening passenger door from inside when locked
  • Satnav remote from iSmart to car
  • All Software up to date, verify ecu’s
  • Check seatbelts
  • Alignment of wheel trims to access valves
  • Register/bind iPhone to car before leaving dealer
  • dead reckoning turned off on satnav and check it works
  • Check DAB radio function
  • Set lane keep assist to alert and assist.
  • VIN registration check
  • Check underside of car
Nice check list.
You could be there a while !.
My handover was 30 minutes and 15 of that was the paperwork !.
Item 3 - Easy, the tyre pressures will be displayed on the dash panel.
If one side of the car has been parked in the sun, expect a discrepancy but nothing to worry about !.
Item 6 - Check that ALL doors open from the inside as my brother has had his N/S/R door lock replaced after it was found faulty !.

Taken delivery
Just taken delivery of our MG ZS TLR this afternoon. Bristol Street Motors have been wonderful, a BIG SHOUT OUT to the wonderful sales assistant who looked after us throughout, she knows who she is 😀. Given her and BSM a good review on Google.

BSM held on to the car for us for nearly two months while we waiting on our charge point installation. At hand over we were given a good hour on explaining the ins and outs of the car.

And to add the icing to the cake, our Trophy came with sun roof and privacy glass 😀.

Off to Cornwall next week, will update on our journey.

Attachments

• IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    535.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1629.jpeg
    IMG_1629.jpeg
    438.8 KB · Views: 61
Congratulations. You are going to love it.

One tip before you go to Cornwall, go to a local rapid and familiarise yourself with the charging process. Some need you to swipe your card/select charger on app first, and some need you to plug in first.

Enjoy your holiday. :)

Congratulations. You are going to love it.

One tip before you go to Cornwall, go to a local rapid and familiarise yourself with the charging process. Some need you to swipe your card/select charger on app first, and some need you to plug in first.

Enjoy your holiday. :)
Thank you Gadget, we shall be trying out local chargers tomorrow 👍.

We have cards for : Electroverse, Shell Recharge and Chargepoint.

Registered apps for :
Tesla (yes I know nothing west of Bristol ) ,
Bonnet, Podpoint, InstaVolt, BP Pulse, Osprey and a few others.

Thank you, and I’m sure we shall have a good holiday. We’ll update as we go.

Talk about being prepared. :)

I just travel around with my debit card. I'm a bit stubborn and if ICE car drivers don't have to have all that faff, then why should EV drivers. :)
I'm more of a pragmatist, I can therefore use Ionity chargers and you can't. :ROFLMAO:

If I have learnt anything about owning both a PHEV and now two full BEV’s since 2015 is to always have a back up plan 🤣.
I very rarely find myself charging away from home, but I found it a good idea to purchase a type 2 cable, just in case I needed an unscheduled / unplanned top up on route.
It has been used about 3 times in the Gen 1 ZS EV and never in the Gen 2 LR - but it’s there !.
This started a bit of epidemic of useful “back up plan” items, that added to the collection along the way.
Type 2 cable / 10mm spanner / 12 volt battery booster pack / emergency spare wheel kit / V2L cable and a wallet with charging cards and a phone full of charging App’s etc etc 🤣.
A bit paranoid you may say ?.
Not required in a ICE car !.

Thank you Gadget, we shall be trying out local chargers tomorrow 👍.

We have cards for : Electroverse, Shell Recharge and Chargepoint.

Registered apps for :
Tesla (yes I know nothing west of Bristol ) ,
Bonnet, Podpoint, InstaVolt, BP Pulse, Osprey and a few others.

Thank you, and I’m sure we shall have a good holiday. We’ll update as we go.
If I have learnt anything about owning both a PHEV and now two full BEV’s since 2015 is to always have a back up plan 🤣.
I very rarely find myself charging away from home, but I found it a good idea to purchase a type 2 cable, just in case I needed an unscheduled / unplanned top up on route.
It has been used about 3 times in the Gen 1 ZS EV and never in the Gen 2 LR - but it’s there !.
This started a bit of epidemic of useful “back up plan” items, that added to the collection along the way.
Type 2 cable / 10mm spanner / 12 volt battery booster pack / emergency spare wheel kit / V2L cable and a wallet with charging cards and a phone full of charging App’s etc etc 🤣.
A bit paranoid you may say ?.
Not required in a ICE car !.
We have a type two cable under the boot floor together with jump battery pack and tyre inflater. Adjustable spanner will be going in there once we finish our coffee and cake at our local National Trust.
Thank you Lovemyev. 👍😀

We have a type two cable under the boot floor together with jump battery pack and tyre inflater. Adjustable spanner will be going in there once we finish our coffee and cake at our local National Trust.
Thank you Lovemyev. 👍😀
I have one of those life hammer things also. Had if for years mind.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom