Adding rear speakers to the SE

Shengis

Established Member
Reaction score
So the word on the street is the Trophy which has the same sound system but with two speakers in the rear is quite decent and that the SE without said speakers isn’t very good.

I don’t know yet as I’m getting my SE next week but just thinking ahead as I like my music.

Has anyone found out if rear speakers can be added through the dealers without affecting warranty etc?

The issue of the SE's lack of rear speakers, the absence of wiring for them, and any dealer fit options seems to come up daily. The official answer appears to be to buy a Trophy.

MG being a listening and responsive organisation will no doubt address this soon.

Seen on a few Facebook posts there is no wiring present which is a shame. I’ll be upgrading my fronts at least I think.

The issue of the SE's lack of rear speakers, the absence of wiring for them, and any dealer fit options seems to come up daily. The official answer appears to be to buy a Trophy.

MG being a listening and responsive organisation will no doubt address this soon.
Haha I sense some sarcasm! Oh and I can’t afford a Trophy.

I can’t afford a Trophy

MG don't want you building one on the cheap. Have you noticed that evocations of products from other companies are quickly available from China, but not of Chinese Government owned SAIC?

I sense some sarcasm

Moi? I am a partially satisfied customer - my MG5 was excellent and just worked, my rejected MG4 could have been but didn't. The replacement, if it arrives, will be the decider. If it disappoints I'll buy a car also made in China from a company owned by a dangerous dictator. :rolleyes: :eek:;)

so for SE owners - if there are really no cables in the back doors, why not just use a bluetooth speaker fitted in the trunk? did not try myself, just an idea

so for SE owners - if there are really no cables in the back doors, why not just use a bluetooth speaker fitted in the trunk? did not try myself, just an idea

That would potentially build in a delay between the front and the rear speakers.

By the time you've paid an MG authorised technician, so you don't invalidate the warranty, to fit rear speakers, folding door mirrors, front parking sensors etc to your SE you might as well have bought the Trophy 🤣

I find the audio in the SE fine ... then again I a) don't sit in the back, and b) am not an audiophile. :)
It could well be fine, I’m maybe falling for overly negative reviews on pussbook.

It’s not like my current car is up to much, media-wise and I’m not a total audiophile either. I do like listening to music loud in the car though.

By the time you've paid an MG authorised technician, so you don't invalidate the warranty, to fit rear speakers, folding door mirrors, front parking sensors etc to your SE you might as well have bought the Trophy 🤣
I see what you’re saying, however I can live without the other stuff you list but if the sound is as bad as some say it would be disappointing. As I say, hopefully some of the reviews are overly negative and it turns out fine.

I'm going to try and turn this weird oversight in to an asset :p

Mount a cheap old Android phone to the dash somewhere, connected to a Bluetooth speaker in the rear footwell. Set up IFTTT rules to connect everything up when I get into the car. Use the old Android phone to play kids music into the back of the car, allowing me to listen to my podcasts in peace. Finally, I can be free of Baby Shark :ROFLMAO:

Probably a few hoops to jump through to get it working seamlessly. But I think the concept is strong.

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel